Scopes: your thoughts on Element vs Athlon

Elements is made in China, has no life time warranty like Athlon and has a lot of (CA) purple fringing that clouds your view
You would be happy with the Athlon Argos BTR GEN2 8-34x56 in the $400+ price range
Element has been a follow the leader, don't think for yourself scope for a while and if you have any optic experience you would in time sell it for better glass
Now if you want the best, get real Japanese, German glass like Trijicon, Night Force, Zeiss but expect to pay more then the cost of the airgun rifle
Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 12.40.43 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 12.45.40 AM.jpg

Don't know why things made in China gets a bad rap. First of all, it's American companies who chooses to EXPLOIT China and its workers to bring affordable products for consumption. It's the greed of American companies in the name capitalism to pay as little as possible for material and labor fees to bring affordable products for American consumption while lining the pockets of owners. Don't blame China, blame the COMPANIES who chooses to do business with China.

Athlon are also made in China. Don’t underestimate Chinese glass. It’s come a long way.
I have zero experience with element scopes, but I own an athlon Helos 2-12, a Midas tac 4-16, and a Midas tac 6-24. All of these scopes are fantastic, and the glass (Chinese) is excellent. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend these scopes to anyone.
that being said, just like Airguns, scope companies have a fanbase too. Some will say element is better than anything else, some will say athlon is. In the end, it’s personal preference.

I dont have experience with the helix or nexus but would not hesitate to buy another titan. Have two and both are awesome.

I let two guys who have shot powder rifles for 40 years shoot my taipan that had my titan on it and they flat out stated it was one of , if not the clearest sight picture in their 40 years of shooting.

Next rifle I build , will be getting one.

20220603_225549.jpg

Reactions: morewind1
If you've seen how Canon camera glass is made, it is quite interesting and educational from beginning to end
Although I'm a Nikon lover and a glass snob this is helpful :)
Once you've look through superior glass it's had to settle for less
Don't let members try to tell you paying big money for a scope on a Air gun is a waste of money, it's your money and none of there business how to spend it

Reactions: Senor Ramon
The thing you need to look at as well .... is how your eyes look though the optics. I have had scopes that other people just hate, but when I look though them I saw nothing wrong with them. Your eyes are different from everyone else. The best thing to do would be to look through both scopes side by side and see which one works best for you.

And like was said above... once you get some nice glass you will be ruined for life. Looking though nice glass can be a curse!

I'd also include an Arken or Vector in that same search. I shoot a 46x60 Vector Minotaur 34mm tube on my BR gun. Great clarity for only 4 bills. And I absolutely love the reticle. 40 MOA of vertical adjustment included plus I have a 1 piece Arken 20MOA mount.

View attachment 271214
I have two Vector Optics scopes, and agree. Great value for little cost.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Fasenating

Fascinating video, I haven't tried any Element scopes. I went with Athlon after watching a video by Cyclops Joe, a Talos for my first pellet gun. The guns got bigger and better, scopes a little better. I've settled on the Athlon Argus. I've 5 Argoses now, just part of kitting out a new rifle. I'm not a glass snob just go for function. I prefer the christmas tree reticle. Customer service is the best bar none.

I probably own a half dozen Element Helix scopes, along with an equal or greater number of Hawke Sidewinder and Vortex Diamondbacks, the majority as FFP MRAD, models. I love the reticle in the Helix scopes and the turret adjustment clicks are always spot on. I have had two fail on springers, so limiting their use to pcps where I have had zero issues. BTW- warranty replacement on the failed scopes was immediate with no questions asked.

I will continue to buy them.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Owning only Athlon Helos and Element Helix scopes right now, I can say the Athlon is a better scope, glass, turrets, parallax accuracy, etc. I would own all Athlon Helos 2-12 FFP if they worked better with the Pard 007s. The lens coating doesn't work well with the night vision, Element does not have an issue, so I have the Element on any rifle I use the Pard with.

Last edited: