One of the very best I have used in this lower price point range is this:

Aim Sports Alpha 6

Recommended by Odoyle, and I agree with his assessments of the performance and value of this scope. Unfortunately has gone up a bit in price since the Black Friday/End of Year sales which had been running, but still worth it (and, in my opinion, worth it to buy 2 for the lower price). Very clear and bright general purpose scope with a magnification range which suits hunting and longer range target work. Relatively compact in size, not light but not bloated either. Forgiving eye box.

Vector Veyron FFP (IF you're looking for a FFP). Clearer & crisper than my Hawke scopes.

For fewer dollars the Veyron SFP is also an excellent scope. Nice and compact as well. For target work to this point, I am more in the SFP camp than the FFP one.

I definitely agree that the Veyron is a great scope for the money. May be slightly limited for some in the magnification range (3-12x).

Do not get FFP you will regret it because it's extremely difficult to see their (center aim point of their) reticle at their lowest magnification 1/4 settings especially in real world shooting situations unless your reticle has very bright high noon daytime visible illumination like the A6s do. 

You will see exactly what I mean after you buy a FFP scope.

I prefer SFP scopes and the last FFP a Sightron S-TAC 4-20x50 is utterly useless at 4x-10x and I didn't intend to buy a 10x-20x scope which is what it realistically is. My SFP S-TAC 4-20x50 reticles are already too thin.

I returned my FFP Vector Veyron 3-12x (Chevy badged version if the Cadillac US Optics TS-12X) and kept my SFP Veyron since the reticle is visible throughout its 3-12x unlike the FFP version where it's extremely difficult to see at 3x-7x and I didn't buy a FFP 8x-12x scope.

My TAC Vector Taurus FFP 4-24x50 is useable from 9x-24x in real world situations the reticle disappears in the brush under 10x and the illumination isn't bright enough during daytime.

I had high hopes for the Athlon Midas TAC FFP 6-24x50 but due to lack of illumination I can't recommend it as a useable all around scope aside from bench rest unless you like a 12x-24x scope. It would be great if they made it a SFP scope though.