Best quality? Athlon Midas Tac. You can still find some for between $515 and $669 depending on the reticle. I bought two with the APRS3 from Amazon for $504. Check with them again or Walmart.

Runners up? Aztec Diamond, Element Nexus, Arken. Good scopes too. Trenier Outdoors stocks Aztec and Element scopes. He may have an Athlon in stock too. Good people to deal with. Best to call.

the best is a lot of $$$$ how much you what to spend?

If you are not shooting past 100yd, a good one would work.

Burris is good for the price,the upper end Bushnell,Nikon,Vortex and of choose Leupold.

The Midas is also a good scope....and the new upper end Hawke.....there ar plenty more.

It would help if you were more specfic,like price range ,use,what it will be put on .

I'm running a Burris RT-25 that I'm very happy with for what I paid. It's a 5-25x50, but other than that it fits your specs. FFP, great reticle, zero stop, repeatable turrets, the works.

That being said, Athlon Midas TAC is hard to beat. The new Hawke Sidewinders are good too. Bushnell Match Pro is great according to the rimfire guys I hang with and Cyclops Joe. At EBR I checked out Joe's Arken and was very impressed. Only thing is the 34mm tube is great for adjustment range but you'll need new mounts unless you've already got a 34mm in your stable so budget in $50-$100 for quality rings.

Those are all in the $450-$600 range. Obviously more $ will buy you "better" scopes, but those are very value packed IMO.

This is really the golden age. Lots of good stuff out there. When I was shopping I had a few in mind and would just bargain hunt till one came up. MidwayUSA frequently has great clearance sales.

Nico

Sometimes what makes a scope the "best" is when you have a problem with it !! Over many years I have used numerous great scopes, bargain scopes etc until I has a problem with them... At one tine I owned two Bushnell 6-18x40 scopes, between the two of them, they were returned for repair 9 times over 6 months. Other brands were not much better with repairs taking 8-12 weeks at times. Finally bit the bullit and bought Leupold and Burris. Any issues were resolved within 2 weeks. My Leupold are over 30 yrs old with no issues. My old 2-7x32 Leupold which was over 40 yrs old fogged up, sent it back, scope had been discontinued....was sent a brand new model of newer design with all the latest upgrades, all at NO cost to me! If you never have an issue you will have a great scope, but if you do....that will be the deciding factor...