Scope you regret selling or kept bec you like its features.

With all these newer scope and newer airguns coming out, off course initial instinct is to get the best scope to fit a new toys, did you guys have anything crossing into your mind that i wish I still have this old scope around and this would be perfect fit, or did you still kept your favorite scope even thou it is old and you have realize it is the best all around scope that is flexible to fit any situation. love to hear what are the makes and model you have in your shelf that you kept for this purpose.

For years I've had four Leupold scopes with custom Christmas tree reticles; two 4.5-14 AO's and two 6.5-20 EFR's. Today there are plenty of scopes more suitable for air gun use but those Leupolds are too cool to part with and since their custom shop seems to be closed I could not replace them if I sold them. They are on less-used air guns but work perfect.

Reactions: mercado
I have several scopes I brought originally to use on .22s and now discovered they very well on airguns.

So, I wish I brought a couple more of the SWFA 3-15 FFP side focus scopes…in MOA scale… because my brain is wired for MOA…

(seems every tattooed fancy sunglass wearing “tactical” wannabes want mil MRAD reticles… darn scope makers catering to them… I grew up in the shooting world with M1, M14, and M16s… used minute of angle clicks to correct for elevation and wind… rant over…)

Back-on- track… this SWFA focus down to 6 yards… got clear uncluttered reticle scale… enough on top for hold under and plenty on the bottom for generous hold overs… lots of internal adjustments and the clicks plenty repeatable and positive in feel… knobs good shape for on the fly adjustments … just no positive zero stop. It was on a .22 and got swap onto one of my airgun…

Glass is good enough… not as good as my NF, high end Vortex and Leupolds… I may buy a Sightron designed for FT if I get into this game…

I have three from SWFA, the variable 3-15 and two fixed power, 12X and 20X. The 3-15 is on the RWS54 and the 12x is now on my HW35. Should be noted, the fixed power versions only focus down to 10y. Reticle is the same.

Think SWFA is in transition of going out of business or severely downsizing. I brought tons of stuff from them,,, guns, ammo, gear…great folks… hope they continue to be in the supply business in so e form to support shooters…

746DD4C7-BB14-4A5A-A8A7-3D50AA64C36C.jpeg

95F07C04-8F75-4B4D-8601-5317563F9BE0.jpeg

3D61553C-1B04-4332-841D-83DB262222BB.jpeg

I have several scopes I brought originally to use on .22s and now discovered they very well on airguns.

So, I wish I brought a couple more of the SWFA 3-15 FFP side focus scopes…in MOA scale… because my brain is wired for MOA…

(seems every tattooed fancy sunglass wearing “tactical” wannabes want mil MRAD reticles… darn scope makers catering to them… I grew up in the shooting world with M1, M14, and M16s… used minute of angle clicks to correct for elevation and wind… rant over…)

Back-on- track… this SWFA focus down to 6 yards… got clear uncluttered reticle scale… enough on top for hold under and plenty on the bottom for generous hold overs… lots of internal adjustments and the clicks plenty repeatable and positive in feel… knobs good shape for on the fly adjustments … just no positive zero stop. It was on a .22 and got swap onto one of my airgun…

Glass is good enough… not as good as my NF, high end Vortex and Leupolds… I may buy a Sightron designed for FT if I get into this game…

I have three from SWFA, the variable 3-15 and two fixed power, 12X and 20X. The 3-15 is on the RWS54 and the 12x is now on my HW35. Should be noted, the fixed power versions only focus down to 10y. Reticle is the same.

Think SWFA is in transition of going out of business or severely downsizing. I brought tons of stuff from them,,, guns, ammo, gear…great folks… hope they continue to be in the supply business in so e form to support shooters…

View attachment 348234

View attachment 348235

View attachment 348238
I bought a fixed 20x SWFA scope a while back, expected something usable. The image is terrible, like looking through milk.

• Wow
Reactions: MOSOSODBOB
I bought a fixed 20x SWFA scope a while back, expected something usable. The image is terrible, like looking through milk.
Had a couple of those back in the day. The eye box was horrible. The best SWFA to get is the fixed 10x rear focus. That is the model that started it all and had the legendary contracts. From what I have read the other models werent required to meet the same min specs, and ime they didnt have the same image quality. I have maybe 6-7 of the 10x still and they are workhorses but you have to understand the timeline they were made. Back then there werent any scopes that could keep up without spending at least 4 times the price.

But as to scopes I regret selling, I wish I still had a 4x40mm fixed zoom Nikon Buckmaster. They were pretty neat little scopes for short range stuff.

Luckily or unluckily, I'm on the other end. I've bought a bunch of scopes I didn't really like and ended up getting rid of them. Nothing really premium, but not cheap.

I will always keep my trusty Hawke Vantage 4x32 AO Mil Dot. I've put it on my 1022 and won CMP rimfire tournaments, and its a staple of backyard pesting. When I have people interested in getting a plicker or pester for suburban areas, I highly suggest it. Its simple, durable, and reliable for a great price.
It currently sits on my custom 2250 clone.

Hawke_Riflescope_Vantage_4x32_AO.jpg

Probably can still send it back… I had one that was purchased as a refurbished and it didn’t feel clicky enough, I send it back and a like new one came back… they even swap it to a MOA version when I originally brought a Mil scale… and asked if I can have the MOA one…

The glass all been pretty good … all three scope I brought from them …

I got this BSA 3-9 about ten years ago… a made in China scope… tried it on my HW35 and wasn’t able to get it to hit where I aimed… brought it only because of the horror stories I heard about air guns shaking apart center fire scopes… even legendary makers like Leupold…so brought this “air gun” scope from aknown air gun company… sat unused until few days ago when I took delivery of my AirArms TX200… put it on that gun… works ok… but will likely put another scope on it to use for FT matches… this scope only have duplex cross hairs and the adjustments not too easy yo dial for wind and elevation corrections… no real regrets, but no real desire to keep it… I would like better glass and features

6630E440-98B7-45AC-AEF1-3702B0544CE6.jpeg