Scope wheel for side focus parallax knob

I want to try my hand at a local field and target competition and I'm told I should get a scope wheel for the parallax side focus knob on my Athlon Argos BTR GEN 2 6-24x50 FFP mil. It appears the knob is about 32 mm in diameter and has grooves in it. Any suggestions on what I should be looking for and where I can get one would be appreciated. And if someone has one to sell let me know.

JD Garland can fix you up with whatever you have. Website is JD"s Custom Designs. Won't find a better person to deal with. He probably has a scope like yours to get the measurements off of. If not, measure the largest diameter on your focus knob with a good set of calipers and give him that measurement. If you purchase one, get the new aluminum set up. I have one and it is heads and shoulders over the older 3D printed ones. You can't go wrong dealing with JD.

Compufoil.com

His work looks like this:

930094E9-8D5E-4364-A0D6-FACEBFD0272F.1644623015.jpeg

I've tried at least 5 different makers on parallax wheels from the UK to the EU and the USA. The best fitment will be https://jdscustomdesign.com/ 

I'm sure he has one that will fit your scope in stock. He even has a model that is suitable for left handed shooters. He has just started making wheels from CNC aluminum in your choice of colors if you are fashion conscious. 

I have video links I can send you to help you set up your wheel for ranging your targets correctly. PM me for those links if you want them. 

JD Garland can fix you up with whatever you have. Website is JD"s Custom Designs. Won't find a better person to deal with. He probably has a scope like yours to get the measurements off of. If not, measure the largest diameter on your focus knob with a good set of calipers and give him that measurement. If you purchase one, get the new aluminum set up. I have one and it is heads and shoulders over the older 3D printed ones. You can't go wrong dealing with JD.

Cajun1024, JD Garland's look great. How well does the magnetic mount system work? It seems like it could get bumped off easily during use. Wondering if I can justify double the cost for the aluminum ones over his regular ones, how are they better?

I've tried at least 5 different makers on parallax wheels from the UK to the EU and the USA. The best fitment will be https://jdscustomdesign.com/ 

I'm sure he has one that will fit your scope in stock. He even has a model that is suitable for left handed shooters. He has just started making wheels from CNC aluminum in your choice of colors if you are fashion conscious. 

I have video links I can send you to help you set up your wheel for ranging your targets correctly. PM me for those links if you want them.

Davecole, JD seems to make a lot of different shapes. Since you've tried 5 different makers I imagine you have also tried different shapes. How does one decide if they want round or some other shape like Nautilus or other ones he does? Also, do you have any thoughts about the magnetic mountings he seems to be using for all his designs now, and 3d printed vs aluminum?

Any of the scope wheels can be knocked off if not careful. Joe's new wheels as were the old ones, are held on by magnets . In addition, the new wheels have a key way that mates up to the hub. which is now also aluminum for a better lock up. The wheel coming of is no big deal. I take mine off all the time when not shooting. Main thing ,is that you want it to always go back to the same position. Thus the magnets and key way.What you don't want coming off is the hub which if it does, throws everything off

There's one fir $15 shipped on the classifieds don't know fitment ask seller.

Batman2, I did see that one for sale for $15 and I want it if it will fit. It would be a nice cheap way to find out if I even want to go further into field target comps. But I don't have enough postings yet to qualify to contact him by PM.

It won’t fit. My Crimson Trace wheel measures right at what the seller gave for size. I also have a 6-24x50 Argos BTR Gen2 and the CT wheel won’t even come close to tightening down on it. I have one of JD’s wheels and it’s great. The magnets with key way are the best part of it. It locks up solid and doesn’t move unless you physically pull it off and snaps right back to the same exact spot each time. I like pulling the scope wheel off when traveling, I use a soft case and if the rifle somehow gets bumped I don’t need to worry about breaking the scope wheel or damaging the parallax system inside the scope. 

If it's too large can't you just shim the inside of the wheel to take up the space?

Wedge a piece of pvc pipe and layers or rubber tubing or similar material?

If too small then I think plastic is easy to work with just go alittle at a time.

Perhaps the seller makes them and is selling them and can make it exactly to fit who knows?

You could 3d print them and read that some public libraries have the machines to make them free or minimal charge just down load the files on line. Better to have it with bigger hole than smaller.

Read about modifying the cheap UTG and Crosman side wheels but haven't looked further yet. If you want them cheap and nice.

They are made of aluminum and not plastic if that matters.

I can't afford to buy custom $100 side wheels so this is my perspective when cheap and affordable is a necessity while having no bank to break.

I agree completely! Very happy with my setup.

Hey guys, thanks for all the help. I decided to have a couple of different shapes of focus wheels 3D printed for less than $15 each so I could try to figure out what shape I like. I'm very happy with the results and will probably stick with them for awhile before splurging on a nicer wheel. 

If I do upgrade I think it will be one of JD's wheels. I really like what he's done with the magnet keyway system so you can easily take the wheel on and off for transport and not have to worry about damage to your scope.