• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Scope Werks Turret

I know more and more people are dialing elevation than ever before. I also know that many people use Scope Werks turrets, but for those of you that haven’t, I thought I’d share. If you like to use yardage markers on your turret to help dial elevation, the oversized Scope Werks turret makes using elevation markers a lot more convenient. I finished slug testing and decided to stick with the Varmint Knocker 32.8gr. I also often use the JSB 33.95gr. With the oversized Scope Werks turret, there’s room for yardages in both orange(33.95 pellets) and blue(32.8 slugs) from 30yds our to 175yds. It’s clean, precise, easy to see and use. It makes using pellets or slugs from the same gun fast and easy! If you’ve never used these turrets, check them out, you’ll be glad you did! 

Stoti

1592254862_8056573935ee7e18ea92bc6.37807712.jpeg

1592254903_8988596205ee7e1b70a0849.98186792.jpeg

Each turret is made for a particular model and brand of scope. Most turrets are available for popular brands and makes of scopes. If a turret is not available for your particular scope, the owner, Eric, will have you take some accurate measurements and then make it for you and add it to his inventory. There are also side wheels and things like that available. The actual turret just slips down over the top of the scope's turret and is held in place with three tiny set screws. Eric also includes a strip of aluminum from a Coke can to keep the set screws from marring the finish of your scope's turret. 

I printed out the actual three colored (gray) lined scope tape on Chairgun. I then covered it with clear packaging tape and attached it to the turret with packaging tape. The set screws are underneath the scope tape so you never see them. After that I just used a ballistic program to get the approximate drop at each yardage. I then validated the actual yardages by shooting both the VK slugs and JSB's at those yardages. From there, I put on the yardage sticker and I'm done. My boys and I were shooting eggs today out to 175yds with the Varmint Knocker slugs. There were misses, but really not that many for the distances we were shooting and the size of the targets. Once you've validated the yardages it's a pretty easy and accurate way to go! I love it, that's why I thought I'd share. I have no affiliation with Eric at Scope Werks. I have just purchased a lot of these turrets and love them. 

The turret slips over the top of your scopes turret and uses the zero stop on the scope.

http://scope-werks.com

The orange and blue scope stickers on this turret were purchased on E-Bay. They come with three different colors of yardage markers per set and also a label in the same color that shows the particular ammo and velocity being used. They only cost $5.75 which is a steal compared to others! 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Scope-Stickers-for-labeling-yardage-on-turrets/333544386930?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Stoti

Ha. I know that feeling. That's why I validated all my yardages and put on my scope tape today. I'm done messing with this gun too. Got it shooting the VK 32.8 at 980fps and the 33.95 JSB's at 965fps. It's shooting as accurately as ever so I'm done for a while. I have other guns to mess with if I feel the need! LOL Have a good one.

Yo, yes, these are more durable and certainly more durable than the others available. Unfortunately for Eric, his turrets have been copied like crazy, especially since the 3D printer has taken off and gotten so popular. A 3D printed version will never compare to the aesthetics or durability of the Scope Werks turret but they probably cost nothing to make. It just depends if you're willing to pay the cost or just want something that will do the job for very little money. Either way, I get it. I do appreciate the durability and look of the Scope Werks turrets, that's why I buy them. You have a good one too.

Stoti

I know you have at least one Golden Eagle...I think? With 1/8MOA per click, these large diameter turrets certainly help there too! I just love these things and wanted to share. Eric is definitely a great guy and makes a super product! 

Is that just agricultural tape on your gun? For tying plants to stakes and things like that? That's a good idea. I have a feather hanging from fishing line. It's too light and blows all over the place. 

Stoti

1592287050_7321136615ee85f4a345957.50886202.jpg

Yes, only one Golden Eagle on my primary 100 yard BR gun the .22 Bleu Wolf HP. The scope in the photo is an Athlon Midas TAC. The Mil version has ten Mil per turn, so as I set the 50 yard zero 1/2 turn from the bottom I get two full turns of elevation adjustment or 20 Mil (69 MOA). My current favorite all around scope.

The green ribbon is as you guessed, just plastic gardening ribbon. The 1/2 inch wide works best. I’ve tried the one inch but it’s too heavy. About a foot long works great. My buddy Nick @socaloldman turned me on to it a couple years ago. I have it on all my guns.