• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Scope Turret Magnifier..

Tony,

I as a customer really appreciate your involvement on the forums. 😊

Your comments here were helpful, and not unfairly bashing other products. 👍🏼

Based on the high ethics that your interaction on this forum displayed, and on the content your comments —
I will place my purchase order with you (MkMachining) for 3 magnifiers today. 👍🏼

Matthias

Tony,

I as a customer really appreciate your involvement on the forums. 😊

Your comments here were helpful, and not unfairly bashing other products. 👍🏼

Based on the high ethics that your interaction on this forum displayed, and on the content your comments —
I will place my purchase order with you (MkMachining) for 3 magnifiers today. 👍🏼

Matthias
Thanks for the remarks. How are we expected to make great products that customers will actually use if we were not participating on forums or attending matches and listening to the people who are talking? I spend more time on and off the clock on forums than I am willing to admit, but it looks like i nee to spend some more time on airgun related forums.

I also don't see much point in bashing other companies products, unless the Company has done something publicly heinous. Competition is great. You will either be able to show off how much better your product can be. Or, if their new product is better, it give us an opportunity to innovate and stay in the game.

Reactions: JungleShooter
I’m a big fan of MKM products myself. I did a review on the dope card holder of theirs awhile back. Hoping they would make one to cater to the side mount picatinny rails seen on impacts and other platforms since the side pic rails rarely get used.

Was looking at possibly adding a turret magnifier, but the delta Stryker optics im using for bench work the numbers on the turrets are larger than most scopes, so at that point I decided if I added one it would just be a bling item and not really needed.
What would be cool is if someone made a clamp on magnifier that went on pressure gages so one can clearly see exactly how close that needle is getting to their reg pressure setting

Thx. They do, but it doesn't rotate on a bezel..at least the description does not mention that.

What I'm looking for would be a lens that when mounted could be rotated between the parallax and vertical turret without loosening or re-attaching.

Just simply spinning on a bezel..like turning a scope from 2x to 12x..or the rotating bezel on a divers watch..if that makes sense.
Well, Since were designing stuff for someone else to make I'll throw my two cents in.
Design the magnifiing lens into the flip up lens cap.

Reactions: elwoodblues
Well, Since were designing stuff for someone else to make I'll throw my two cents in.
Design the magnifiing lens into the flip up lens cap.
This might be doable, but I think the cost would be more than what people would want to chew off. Integrating a Fresnel magnifying lens would be economical, but that lens type is very fragile and almost unusable after one scratch. The Acrylic lens we use in our turret magnifiers are much more durable, but the caps would likely be over $100 for the set. Also, after a lot of feedback and testing, not very many people like their scope caps hold at 180 degrees, but rather lay down flat on the Ocular tube when opened, claiming a cap lid sticking straight up creates a snag point.

We would have to see how many folks are interested to start this up. The Acrylic lens we stock now for our products would be too powerful and would not yield a great image on the erector turret. The lens we use now was made to be about 1.5-2.5" from the turret, these would be 4-6" away so the image would be blown up to the point of distortion. We would have to get custom ones made, which is fine, but not a feasible $ unless we can sell more than 2,000 caps or so inside of 6 months. (edit: meant to type 6 months, not A month)

Last edited:
Reactions: .20calguy
I said earlier I would buy 3 turret magnifiers from @Tony R MKmachining ...?

Ha! I lied!

I bought 4!
4 for 30mm tubes.
And 4 more for 34mm tubes!

And they are worth every (holiday-discounted) penny I spent on them!

Matthias

PS: One day, when the stars align, I will buy another turret magnifier -- in 40mm.
For that Sightron S8 ED 5-40x56mm.... 🤩

Link where I bought them:

I just hang a small @ 40mm magnifying glass on a recoil lanyard on the side of my around neck pellet pouch.
As such & pending lighting what i need to see it is always with me for any gun being shot, out of the way and less cumbersome than more gear hanging off any said rifle ... IMO

1a.jpg

I just hang a small @ 40mm magnifying glass on a recoil lanyard on the side of my around neck pellet pouch.
As such & pending lighting what i need to see it is always with me for any gun being shot, out of the way and less cumbersome than more gear hanging off any said rifle ... IMO

View attachment 468822
Looks well hung

• Haha
Reactions: Motorhead
I said earlier I would buy 3 turret magnifiers from @Tony R MKmachining ...?

Ha! I lied!

I bought 4!
4 for 30mm tubes.
And 4 more for 34mm tubes!

And they are worth every (holiday-discounted) penny I spent on them!

Matthias

PS: One day, when the stars align, I will buy another turret magnifier -- in 40mm.
For that Sightron S8 ED 5-40x56mm.... 🤩

Link where I bought them:
Thanks buddy! Take advantage of the discounts while they are still live. You will get lots of use out of the magnifiers.

If you need help finding the Sightron S8, maybe I can help you find one with a magnifier.

If you need help finding the Sightron S8, maybe I can help you find one with a magnifier.

👍🏼 Hahaha — that would be the best excuse for spending such an large amount of money on a scope just to shoot a few hundred yards....! 😆

Let's see what my wife will respond when I propose to spend close to $3000.....

"Hey, honey, I know this scope is a little outside our price range, but hear me out:​
This scope comes with a MKM Pro magnifier, and that should be reason enough to buy at this price. What do you say?"​

😆 Matthias

PS: I could probably get away with buying a used S8 for $1000.