Scope Turret Magnifier..

..by Vector Optics. Just got a marketing e-mail from them describing their "new" scope turret magnifier with a bubble level.

IDK..adding the bubble level seems as though it would get snagged or have the tendency to get hooked on something and break.

So I thought it would be far cooler to remove the bubble level and mount the magnifying lens on a bezel that could rotate 90 degrees..allowing it to be used to view both the scope turret and the parallax knob.

Being at the point of needing readers because no amount of "trombining" will allow me to focus on small stuff or in low light, it seems light an interesting idea.

Or is there already such a gizmo and I'm just not aware of it?

MK machining makes one
Thx. They do, but it doesn't rotate on a bezel..at least the description does not mention that.

What I'm looking for would be a lens that when mounted could be rotated between the parallax and vertical turret without loosening or re-attaching.

Just simply spinning on a bezel..like turning a scope from 2x to 12x..or the rotating bezel on a divers watch..if that makes sense.

Reactions: uniflow
..by Vector Optics. Just got a marketing e-mail from them describing their "new" scope turret magnifier with a bubble level.

IDK..adding the bubble level seems as though it would get snagged or have the tendency to get hooked on something and break.

So I thought it would be far cooler to remove the bubble level and mount the magnifying lens on a bezel that could rotate 90 degrees..allowing it to be used to view both the scope turret and the parallax knob.

Being at the point of needing readers because no amount of "trombining" will allow me to focus on small stuff or in low light, it seems light an interesting idea.

Would you mind sending me a link to that new magnifier from Vector?

I am about to buy the ones from MK Machining, but their price is a bit hefty. I'd like to see other options.

Thanks! 😊

Matthias

1687409960867.png

Unfortunately, it not a product..yet. So I haven't found any links to it.

It's in a marketing e-mail I got from them.

When I saw the picture of how they'd placed it on the scope, I just thought..lose the bubble level and put it on a rotating bezel so you could magnify both parallax and vertical click turret.

😊 Thank you so much for the info.

Yeah, I checked the other options, and this one has a larger magnification area than the $40 MK Machining model, not quite as much as the $140 BugEye model (BugHoles.com).

Question: Does it seem metal or 3D-printed synthetic?
I ask for the same reason you mention the "rotating bezel". (I'm not even sure I know what that is — where could I buy one for the magnifier?)
If it's synthetic like the MK Machining, I could just not tighten it all the way and could then rotate it when needed.

Matthias

Reactions: Dairyboy
🔴 Here is the scope turret magnifier selection I've been able to find links for:

$16 Monstrum

Shooters' Barn
$22 — 1 magnifying glass version
$30 — 2 magnifying glasses
+$18 shipping from UK
highly adjustable, mounted on tube or eye piece
-OR- (with more photos)

$39 Kenton Industries

$40 MK Machining
OR

$140 BugHoles

PLUS
the yet elusive Vector Optics model....

Matthias 😊

I ask for the same reason you mention the "rotating bezel". (I'm not even sure I know what that is — where could I buy one for the magnifier?)
If it's synthetic like the MK Machining, I could just not tighten it all the way and could then rotate it when needed.

Matthias
It would be easier to make as a 3D print I would think.

I mentioned the bezel of a diver’s watch because it’s the closest thing I can think of to compare with. The bezel is a way to tell how long you’ve been under. You basically turn the V pointer to align with the second hand and you have a way to tell what your dive time is so you know when to surface

Reactions: JungleShooter
I designed one and printed a couple on my 3D printer… They work like a charm!

IMG_3128.jpeg
IMG_3129.jpeg

These buggers look like sentinels! They are collapsible for convenience.

IMG_3136.jpeg
IMG_3135.jpeg

IMG_3130.jpeg
IMG_3132.jpeg

Simulated view without…. And with the magnifier.

I used the center of a simple creditcard type Fresnel lense as the magnifier (they can be cheaply sourced on Aliexpress…) I am not ready to share this design on the web yet, as I’m still debating on marketing these, but you can figure it out by yourself easily enough…

Last edited:

View attachment 368319 View attachment 368320

View attachment 368333View attachment 368332

View attachment 368328 View attachment 368331

I used the center of a simple creditcard type Fresnel lense as the magnifier (they can be cheaply sourced on Aliexpress…) I am not ready to share this design on the web yet, as I’m still debating on marketing these, but you can figure it out by yourself easily enough…

Martin,

you're a good guy. Thanks for sharing the pics.
And I fully understand you wanting the market these — they will fill a gap, even with all the ones I mentioned in my previous post. Make sure you get the news out to the other large forums as well, I'm thinking especially GTA.

➠ If you're interested in printing and selling three to me (2x 34mm, 1x 30m) — PM please.

Cheers, 😊

Matthias

View attachment 368319 View attachment 368320

View attachment 368333View attachment 368332

View attachment 368328 View attachment 368331

$0.02 from someone who has been selling many of these for awhile. If you plan on bringing these to market, skip the Fresnel lens. We used them on our Gen1 magnifiers and it is much worth the cost to splurge and find acrylic lenses. Your customer service crew (you?) will be a lot happier.

Reactions: JungleShooter
😊 Thank you so much for the info.

Yeah, I checked the other options, and this one has a larger magnification area than the $40 MK Machining model, not quite as much as the $140 BugEye model (BugHoles.com).

Matthias
The Monstrum version is aluminum and would be mounted in a fixed position. This is one of the features of our magnifier. Instead of tightening our magnifier all the way, many of our customers elect to softly snug it down so they can rotate between parallax/elev or elev/windage without marring the surface finish on your optic.

-MkMachining Retail Manager