• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Scope turret caps upgrade?

Yes, I saw the scopewerks jobs, I really like them from the pictures. But I would dress up 3 of my scopes and that gets pretty pricey fast.
I just measured the caps what I have scopes currently mounted.
- The X50 is a turn only turret with a top screw for zeroing, I don't see any problem with securing a large cap there. But this is on my BR Impact and 99% cases shooting fixed distances only.
- The Nikko is a liftup-turn-push in-lock, also the second scope is a LPVO with the same locking plus that cap is harder to turn. These both caps have a screw from the side for zero reset, adding an extra cap creates a roadblock. And these two scopes I am using for shooting variable distances, silhouettes and pesting.
Uhm, I need to sleep over with the idea what can I skip or simplify.
I have a 3d printer and using quality engineering grade resins, I may play DIY to justify the expense.

I use ChairGun to make the tapes. Then I use Adobe Photoshop to modify them a little bit for a less cluttered look.
Kenny
569C6885-21AE-4E65-AC77-A9C6BEB0DA7A.jpeg

Tried ChairGun to print a tape, the size (L x W) is OK and comfortable, but the numbers are not. I 3d printed myself the scope turrets for tapes for all my scopes I will be using multiple distances.
I just sight in two of my scopes yesterday at my range, for a new pellet weight.

Strelok says 27 clicks from 40 Meters to 70 M, print out the tape, and the sight tape doesn't match the clicks.
What I am missing?
Is there any other software? or me just take a pencil and work it that way?

Well, this was a real learning curve :)

20221005_231938.jpg

I have couple scopes with (for example) 0.1 MRAD/MILL and I could figure that 1 click is 10mm at 100M, or the 1/8 MOA is in the table below,
but I have one LPVO that says 1 click=1/5 MIL ???
How much is that click size?
It toke me couple nights to figure that out don't look for the answer but just tweak that number and compare the tape clicks to Strelok...

tempsnip.png

And now finally the printed scope tape clik lines are matching the Strelok, no need to edit in photoshop or ilustrator...