• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Scope Suggestion for Daystate Redwolf

I'm getting close to purchasing a .177 Daystate Redwolf. Probably wont get the high power version. Shoot at 15-25 yards, rested and mainly at paper targets. Really like the Aztec 3-18 (reticle and build) on my Regal, so was thinking of the Aztec 5.5-25 for the Redwolf. I'm pretty clueless about scope options so would appreciate any thoughts. Also, struggling with the red laminate vs the walnut. I know I will be happy either way, but I'm trying to put together the LAST airgun package for myself and want to make sure it is great!

Thanks

I have the Aztec 3-18 on my Zbroia .177 and love it. Tried out a 5-25, second focal plane and it was too cloudy for me, sent it back. Not sure how the clarity of the 5-25 ffp model is though.

Recently got a Crimson Trace 5-25, ffp and it is AWESOME. Edge to edge clarity at full magnification, 10 yards to infinity parallax, some the most crisp and audible clicks.

The question of the best scope really cones down to budget though.

Scope selection is really a personal preference based on many variables. In a SFP scope, I like the Sightron S-TAC 4-20. The center dot gives plenty of precision on small targets, and on 20X, the 2 MOA hash marks give me all the definition I need for holdover. And it focuses down to 10 yards. I have one on my Red Wolf and RAW. 

If you prefer FFP, I like the Athlon Midas TAC 6-24, with MOA reticle (also available with mil reticle). But, I think the FFP platform is better suited to hunting than target use. Again, a personal preference, lot of good scopes out there.

Athlon helos btr 6-24x50 nice scope 
1584652966_9409493355e73e2a61e83c6.98397596.png