• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Scope suggestion for an FX impact

I will be receiving my impact soon and will use it strictly for hunting. I have a large Hawke on my Royale and I think it is to heavy. I would like a lightweight scope to mount on the impact.I am going to be hunting doves mainly. Cost is not a huge issue but quality is. I would not mind a fixed power scope if you experts think it will work fine.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you Bill

Matt Dubber uses a Hawke Frontier 30 - he says, "The combination of the FX Impact and the Hawke Frontier 30 is undoubtedly the best combination I've ever had." Not sure which HF30 he's using (or what kind of distances you typically cover), but I imagine the FX Impact is so light that the weight of a large'ish scope won't bother too much.

Here's the setup in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWgNybB5ie4

"Kitplanenut"I'm using the Athlon 8x34x56 FFP I'm really liking it. I'm going to replace all my scopes with the Athlon FFP with the same reticle. Tired of having to remember different scopes
You just reminded me to look up FFP pricing - pleasently surprised it's not as expensive as I thought it would be, and love that the whole reticle is illuminated (at 24x in the example at http://athlonoptics.com/product/argos-6-24x50-apmr-ffp-ir-mil/) - that's pretty nifty.

I use a clearidge Ultra RM on my Cricket. It weighs 12oz and the glass is clear (Japanese I believe). I really like it. 

It's not a heavy high power target scope but you can see clearly at any distance you would use an air rifle for. It's a nice little hunting scope. Importantly, it weighs a pound less than the scope I used to have on there which is great as I really don't like carrying a lot of weight in the woods.

I couldn't find much else that was lightweight, mil dot, AO, reasonable glass. 

I own both a Meopta Meopro 6-18x50 and a Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 4,5-14x44. Both are great scopes with thin mildot reticles and real edge-to-edge clarity and both weigh just over 500 grams if I remember correctly. The meopta is somewhat bulkier than the bushnell but the meopta is optically superior to the bushnell. I think their both worth considering! The fixed power sightrons are also worth considering, pretty lightweight and sightron makes good optics. I don't know if they're sold in the USA but Delta Optical is also worth looking at, they feature good glass!

If you're going to use it strictly for hunting than it's best to chose a scope where they've chosen to cut the crap and not save on optical clarity instead of fancy gimmicks you won't need. For hunting you don't need an illuminated reticle, target style turrets and those things, that's just extra weight you need to carry without having an advantage of it.

good luck with fishing in the enormous pool of optics :)