• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Scope sighting moves

From my experience so far, if a scope goes bad you will see more of a pattern instead of anything resembling a group. The kind of variance you describe is not possible assuming scope, mounts, and gun are within acceptable tolerances. I played with Chairgun Pro trying to come close to what you describe and couldn't do it with any scope height setting, speed variation, pellet size (177), and even zeroing methods. 

I don't own a Silent Cat so had to look them up and saw most had iron sights so if yours has the same setup try the irons to rule out the scope.

Another thought I had was concerning something getting into the baffles. I once had a similar moderator design and had some weird groupings. I first thought I might be clipping a baffle or end piece but during an inspection I saw something that didn't belong inside the moderator and after much effort retrieved a cleaning patch. I don't recall losing one but there it was.

It will be interesting to see what you come up with so good luck...