Beeman Scope rings

What are the best rings for a Beeman R9? This is like asking what is the best oil on a motorcycle forum.

Not quite sure what you mean by "having trouble with mine back of the gun". Am guessing you have scope/mount movement. Could be as simple as needing to properly torque the mounts. Don't know what you are using now, but you might want to consider mounts that have a recoil pin if the problem persists.

What are the best rings for a Beeman R9? This is like asking what is the best oil on a motorcycle forum.

Not quite sure what you mean by "having trouble with mine back of the gun". Am guessing you have scope/mount movement. Could be as simple as needing to properly torque the mounts. Don't know what you are using now, but you might want to consider mounts that have a recoil pin if the problem persists.
I can quantify my arguments for the Sportsmatch rings. Sure there's others that will work but the Sportsmatch are definitely the best.

Reactions: bf1956
"Best" tends to be subjective to the shooter and his or her own favorites, we all have them, but after the first set of BKL Double Strap rings working very well for me on my HW95, I didn't think twice and bought 2 new sets for the 2 new Airmax scopes I bought for my Beeman R1 and R8.
I know many who swear by them, but you might read this thread from members of a UK Forum I belong to about Sportsmatch, since there seem to be quite a few saying they might well not be a good match for every rifle:

Reactions: fishing43
Good point. I read through the thread and some are certainly experiencing issues. I thought it best to check the ones I have on my PCPs. I also have a couple of 1 pc Sportsmatch fully adjustables and a couple of 2 pc sets not in use. There is not a problem with any of them. What I have work fine with FX, RAW, FWB, BSA, AA springers, R9 and a couple sets of BARSKA cantilever Picatinny to dovetail adapter mounts. A bad production run maybe? I'll certainly double check any more that I may get. Thanks for the heads up.

On my guns that have iron sights, all springers, I am getting to the point where I like the Warne QD rings. I know I cannot clamp them as tight as ones that use an allen wrench so I put a stop block behind one of the rings. This way I can quickly remove the scope if I want to use iron sights, which I seem to like more and more as I get older.

Reactions: 3Crows
After reading the link Steve shared on the sm mounts. Checked a dampa mount that wasn’t being used at the moment and sure enough the adjustable side was very blunt and not allowing a good bite into the dovetail. I used the belt sander and some light filing to sharpen it up. Fits the dovetail much better.
Like the posters in the link said, it may not be an issue with every set and some may well not even notice unless for whatever reason they decide to move a scope around, but figured anyone considering a set should at least be aware it could possibly happen to them.

Reactions: fishing43