Scope rings materias for 3d printing

I'm not trying to be critical of your efforts but I think there is a reason that you don't see rings made out of anything but metals in the marketplace. The optics have to be flex free from movement to the rifle.. Even on Ebay all rings are made out of metal. I think anything other than metal will flex and change position with any amount of temperature change or bumping of the scope. But I would be interested in your results if you pursue this idea.!!!
Thx
Dan

Not sure exactly what you're trying to do but would it be possible to buy some oversized rings & print some inserts that essentially shimmed the scope to the exact height you need?

There is one company 3d printing scope mounts but they are using aluminum and/or titanium.

Otherwise I have seen scope rings files on 3d print sites but don't recall the recommended media or if the application was for Airsoft or Nerf or something similar. Regardless, worth finding & seeing if there is a recommended media.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
I always thought it would be cool to have some plastic rings for the initial mount, to make sure you like the scope. If you can mount a scope without marking it, it can be returned if it’s a poor fit for any reason. This seems better than having to hold a scope and look through it, to determine if you’ll keep it.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Can you get glass-impregnated filament for your printer? Basically you'd be looking for the most stable possible material. Something with carbon fiber like BlackICE mentions would be a step in the right direction.

For resin printers there are some very stable printing materials, like resins impregnated with small glass particles. If you had a resin printer that is what I would recommend.

With the number of prints you will likely try, it's probably still a better deal to buy some decent-quality metal rings.