Scope Rings for S510

Hi all,

I just got an Air Arms S510 XS. I decided to borrow a Primary Arms 4-14X44 FFP from another of my air guns to try this new rifle out, and while I decide what scope to get for it. I read a few places where people said they needed high rings to clear the magazine on their S510, and a few people said they use medium rings. I opted for high, and ordered a set of BKL 374 since most agreed the offset is very helpful. Here it is mounted up.

IMG_0558.1652183112.JPG

It is kind of tricky to get the calipers in there to get a precise measurement, but between the magazine and the scope, there is about .35-.38". It seems like that should provide enough clearance to go with a lower set of rings. Problem is, I haven't been able to find any 30mm tube, 11mm dovetail mount, offset rings. Maybe there is a product that is exactly what I am looking for and I just have not tripped over it yet in all my web crawling. Maybe there is a dovetail to picatinny mount that would then let me use low rings. 

Anyone found a way to get their scope a little lower on an S510?

Thanks,

-pg

Edit: I completely mistyped the distance between mag and scope. Corrected.

5049AC21-D45B-4A98-8C9A-5D1383A7A12C.1652231129.jpeg
68FE9496-298F-43ED-BEA4-2F3EDF6942B8.1652231129.jpeg
41157C23-63F9-4668-8E99-053CA7867383.1652231130.jpeg

OK, so here’s some pictures of what I believe are medium rings. They don’t look like any model of BKL’s and I looked at Utah, Arizona and Pyramyd offerings but nothing looks “exactly” like mine. Mine have a tapped hole that you thread one of the clamp screws into it to spread the dovetail if necessary to aid in sliding onto guns dovetail, I did not see any models like that.

Perhaps someone will recognize them.

As you can see though, my Element scope just clears the magazine indexer.

Randy

Those look like BKL's 'low' rings, which are about 0.3" lower than the high ones.

I should have clearance for that height, but I think I still need offset rings for this scope. The picture I posted must have been before I got my scope completely lined up, as it is farther forward now to get proper alignment between my Neanderthal head and the eye relief of the scope. If I move it back anymore the edges start going black.

IMG_0567.1652356885.JPG

There isn't enough space on the gun's dovetail to get a standard ring in front of the turret housing on this scope. It is fine for now, I can get a comfortable enough chin weld, but I will eventually try to find a scope that will work with lower rings and that has a bit longer eye relief.