Scope Rings ... 34mm Scope Tube to 11mm Dove Tail ?

Airgun Al

Dec 6, 2023
usa
Anyone ever use these type of scope ring adapters?

I recently picked up a Arken scope with a 34 mm tube.
Id like to install the scope on a rifle with a 11mm dove tail...

Not many options for scope rings.
I see adapters like these, and unfortunately, it might be my best option.
Anyone have a better idea?

51wRTO-62jL._AC_SL1159_.jpg

For a big top heavy scope like an Arken I wouldnt use those. Depending on your application it would be best to find a good quality 1 Piece 34mm ring to 11mm Dovetail mount. Or you can get a 1 Piece Picatinny adapter and use some good pic/34mm rings like Eagle Vision. I have tried most of the usual options out there and I have found most "side-clamp" style dovetail mounts end up being offset to one side of the barrel centerline because they are designed to fit the infinite range of dovetail dimensions. Every manufacture uses slightly different dimensions for some dumb reason. So I like the symmetrical pinch designs like this one:

BKL Rings are really good build quality for the money too, but I dont think they make a 34mm version of their dovetail rings.

For a big top heavy scope like an Arken I wouldnt use those. Depending on your application it would be best to find a good quality 1 Piece 34mm ring to 11mm Dovetail mount. Or you can get a 1 Piece Picatinny adapter and use some good pic/34mm rings like Eagle Vision. I have tried most of the usual options out there and I have found most "side-clamp" style dovetail mounts end up being offset to one side of the barrel centerline because they are designed to fit the infinite range of dovetail dimensions. Every manufacture uses slightly different dimensions for some dumb reason. So I like the symmetrical pinch designs like this one:

BKL Rings are really good build quality for the money too, but I dont think they make a 34mm version of their dovetail rings.
Great idea, but Its a FX rifle with a tall magazine.

Reactions: Airgun Al
Beautifully made, adjustable and reasonably priced. I have several of them in use and love them.

That UTG pic rail is exactly what I switched to. I had the adapters and they worked ok, but the pic rail is higher at .590" which I like, and the overall set up is more solid.
I sold my 34mm Tract Toric and went back to 30mm scope tubes.
I will say once you mount that pic rail it's best to leave it on the rifle because the aluminum threads can strip when trying to spread/ tighten the clamp to the dovetail. You want it to fit snug on the rail even before tightening the clamp.

Great idea, but Its a FX rifle with a tall magazine.
In that case I woudnt buy anything other than the FX rings hoping they are the correct dimensions for the FX dovetail. Or if you have the correct height 34mm picatinny rings you could get these symmetrical style adapters from BKL:

Beautifully made, adjustable and reasonably priced. I have several of them in use and love them.

I didn’t know they made them in 34mm dovetail. This would be my choice. I have 4 sets of these for all my PCPs. Mine are 2 1” and 2 30mm.

• Love

I didn’t know they made them in 34mm dovetail. This would be my choice. I have 4 sets of these for all my PCPs. Mine are 2 1” and 2 30mm.
These Vector X-Accu mounts seem to be a almost perfect solution.
Im not fond of the "Torx" hardware, and I would prefer 'Allen", but thats a minor detail I can certainly live with.
They seem to be well built, adjustable like the No Limits , and less money.
Hopefully, they have a thin layer of cushion between the scope and the rings??
I believe I will order a set of these on Monday morning.
Much better option than the adapters that I was considering!
Thanks for everyones help!

Last edited:
These Vector X-Accu mounts seem to be a almost perfect solution.
Im not fond of the "Torx" hardware, and I would prefer 'Allen", but thats a minor detail I can certainly live with.
They seem to be well built, adjustable like the No Limits , and less money.
Hopefully, they have a thin layer of cushion between the scope and the rings??
I believe I will order a set of these on Monday morning.
Much better option than the adapters that I was considering!
Thanks for everyones help!
They don’t have the layer of cushion.
I have them in
1” dovetail
1” pic
30mm Dovetail
30mm Pic

I use them on PCPs. I have FX No Limits that sit in my airgun toolbox now because I prefer the Vector. They have worked flawless for me.

IMG_1362.jpeg

IMG_1288.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2339.jpeg
    IMG_2339.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 11
Thank you Lewis and Florida_Man !
I ordered a set of the recommended rings from X-Accu yesterday.
Moral of the story is that 34mm scope tubes and dovetail mounting, really limit your scope mounting options.
I believe these will do exactly what I need, and they seem to be well built.
I should know more by the end of the week when I receive them, and will post a follow up at that time.
Thanks much for everyones help.

P.S.
For anyone else attempting to mount a scope with a 34mm tube, onto a 11mm dovetail.....

I found only a few sets of normal scope rings that would accomplish this, without the use of adapters or a cantilever style mount.

My only options were:

34mm Unbranded scope rings from china ( Inexpensive. I ordered about 3 weeks ago, and still have not received them!) $15
34mm rings from WestHunter that utilize plastic spacers for 30mm and 1" (Inexpensive, but I was not fond of the spacer design) $40
34mm FX No-Limits MIGHT be a great option, however Im not 100% sure on the fitment (as per post 6 and 7 above) $90.
34mm Vector X-Accu rings, which I ordered yesterday, and should have soon. Seem to be very well built. Adjustable like FX No Limits....$50..

So thats the problem with the 11mm dovetail, and a large, 34 mm scope tube..
It really limits your scope ring options!
Hopefully X-Accu has this problem solved, and I will post an update after I receive and mount these rings.