• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Scope Ring Height for American Air Arms EVOL .30?

1" rings allow the scope to clear the magazine, but by only .100" or so. The magazine went in ok, but it had to be fed in carefully, corner first and rolled into place so they were not beating each other up. The 1.250" rings I have on there now have a huge gap between the two and is easy to load. I would go with the 1.125" height rings if given the choice. The 1.375" rings would be really high above the bore.

Thanks guys. I placed an order for the EVOL 30 (Full length version) from AoA yesterday. I was browsing AoA and saw it in stock for the past couple days and couldn't resist.

@mtnGhost What NF are you running on your EVOL?

Word on the street is that they are selling pretty good at AoA. I had to keep going back on to the website because of them selling out of stock. Here is the 30 with the NX8 4-32×50 and 1.25" high rings There's over .250" gap for the magazine, with a 30mm scope tube. 
IMG_20210205_2137490042.1612580607.jpg

Thanks guys. I placed an order for the EVOL 30 (Full length version) from AoA yesterday. I was browsing AoA and saw it in stock for the past couple days and couldn't resist.

Word on the street is that they are selling pretty good at AoA. I had to keep going back on to the website because of them selling out of stock. Here is the 30 with the NX8 4-32×50 and 1.25" high rings There's over .250" gap for the magazine, with a 30mm scope tube. 
IMG_20210205_2137490042.1612580607.jpg

Thanks for posting a pic of your EVOL 30. If you don't mind me asking, when did you order and receive your EVOL 30? Yours has the new picatinny scope rail that's extended for the front scope ring to have better scope mounting options. I've seen the new scope rail but only on the EVOL Mini. The picture of the EVOL 30 on AoA doesn't reflect that. I really hope that I receive the new version with the extended scope rail.

I just ordered a set of NF Ultralight Rings (X-High 1.375") prior to seeing your post. I plan to keep the Magpul PRS stock. The adjustable cheek piece should solve any problems if the rings are too high. I actually ordered another PRS stock but in a different color.

SmartSelect_20210206-132824_Chrome.1612582475.jpg

@Peskadot671 The AoA website pictures are needing updated. You will likely get the new version, as they are what is being built. That rail extension does make it nice for placement, but I had to make a custom spanner wrench to fit in there. Regular industrial type spanners were too big. I switched stocks to loose some weight off the back and shorten the length of pull a little. 

I had my 7-35 on there for ammo testing. I wind up using it to test all of my ammo, regardless of powder or air lol 

Reactions: Peskådot671
Word of caution - make AoA do a full pressure leak down test prior to shipping. The manometers have a dual-sided collar underneath them that seats two #013 (or #012?) o-rings. They tend to leak, and the one on the air cylinder is a bitch to get out (so much so, that I had to make a special wrench for it). 

Stock up on #008 polyurethane o-rings too, if you get the clear ones that Theoringstore.com sells, they shouldn't ever fail after replacing them all. That size is found throughout the EVOL 30, and they're not hard to get at. 

The one other semi-tricky ones to get at are in the action itself, but once you learn the process, it's not too bad. I basically serviced the entire rifle within the first 5-6 weeks of owning it (AoA wasn't asked specifically to test it, but thry gave me something saying they did 🤷‍♂️)

Damn! I totally overlooked that in regards to barrel removal. Is the picatinny scope base removable or is it milled as part of the receiver?

The whole thing is one piece of machined beauty. Tom does really nice work on everything he engineer's and manufacturer's.

It sure looks like it just from the pics I've seen. Can't wait!!!

Word of caution - make AoA do a full pressure leak down test prior to shipping. The manometers have a dual-sided collar underneath them that seats two #013 (or #012?) o-rings. They tend to leak, and the one on the air cylinder is a bitch to get out (so much so, that I had to make a special wrench for it). 

Stock up on #008 polyurethane o-rings too, if you get the clear ones that Theoringstore.com sells, they shouldn't ever fail after replacing them all. That size is found throughout the EVOL 30, and they're not hard to get at. 

The one other semi-tricky ones to get at are in the action itself, but once you learn the process, it's not too bad. I basically serviced the entire rifle within the first 5-6 weeks of owning it (AoA wasn't asked specifically to test it, but thry gave me something saying they did
1f937-200d-2642-fe0f.svg
)

I asked AoA to fill it up and test for leaks while I wait for an optic I have on order with them that should be arriving in a week. I really hope they do test it. No one wants a brand new leaking gun when it arrives. Thanks for the o-ring sizes! I'll order some. Would you or anyone for that matter have a complete o-ring list?

The one other semi-tricky ones to get at are in the action itself, but once you learn the process, it's not too bad. I basically serviced the entire rifle within the first 5-6 weeks of owning it (AoA wasn't asked specifically to test it, but thry gave me something saying they did
1f937-200d-2642-fe0f.svg
)

I asked AoA to fill it up and test for leaks while I wait for an optic I have on order with them that should be arriving in a week. I really hope they do test it. No one wants a brand new leaking gun when it arrives. Thanks for the o-ring sizes! I'll order some. Would you or anyone for that matter have a complete o-ring list?

I had a thread somewhere, but this covers modt for the .30 https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/help-i-need-oring-sizes-for-evol-30-caliber/

My Evol Magnon arrived few days ago without the new picatinny extension.

I’ve bought 2 pairs of UTG scope rings. One is the offset line and the other is the POI as there wasn’t enough place for the first offset one on the picatinny rail beyond the charger ...

They have the same height and they look well together ... 

cc29bffc-7815-452c-abd4-352a50588002

580fdc5f-cb3c-46e7-993a-963dd8519f04

I also bought an MDT folding stock adapter. it’s a good addon, really well made and good looking. 

3F4FF66D-2DB9-4F71-B3A8-81B6C7699A1E.1613182006.jpeg
45F91B0E-AF43-4386-AE0A-75CC92CC569C.1613182007.jpeg
6E21D288-866D-4DBD-A1E8-C7AFD38A4B83.1613182008.jpeg
B1BC9535-1438-4297-82B1-EED36B7E4B2E.1613182009.jpeg
13844F29-73EE-445A-A451-9F82BF15619F.1613182010.jpeg