• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Scope review miss. Turret zeroing.

Reviews often mention the zero reset as a nice feature. It is. They mention tooless reset as being a nice feature. It is. 

However, I've found many scopes have less positions in their turret positioning than there are click positions on the dial. They use grooves on the turret shaft that line up with grooves on the dial...but there are fewer grooves than there are turret positions. For example, I counted 20 grooves on a $500 scope, that had 60 turret positions. This means you can only adjust to every third hash mark which means you could end up 2 clicks away from zero on that scope. This wasn't an oddball example. Found this to be true with many scopes and not once mentioned in reviews. This kind of defeats the purpose of zeroing the turret if you can't line the indicator up with zero. With those scope you need to remember the zero is two clicks to the right...or add tape. At that point, why have zeroing?

I remember someone mentioning that about a particular scope (Aztec brand?). I've bought lots of other scopes and never seen that issue. All my scopes zero to the correct click.

Sometimes the alignment mark is off by up to half a click, but that is a tolerance problem. What you are describing is a design issue. I would not want a scope like you are describing.

SOLUTION... Yo!

1589945797_9809164485ec4a5c5b687b6.45559223.jpg
1589945798_8336291455ec4a5c6a495c4.69210774.jpg