Scope recommendations for my new Edgun Leshiy 2

Just received my Edgun Leshiy 2 Short (250) .25cal airgun in the mail today that I ordered way back in August. It's been a long time coming but it's finally here. Super excited to use it, but I don't have a suitable scope for the gun yet. I was hoping to pickup an EDgun Dedal Stalker 6X, but they are out of stock and have been for a while now.

Anyone have any suggestions for a compact (readily available) scope that would be a perfect match for this gun? Thanks!

I too have a .25/250 Leshiy 2, mine with a LW barrel. I can’t yet recommend this, because I will be receiving it next week, but this is what I ordered yesterday:

Leupold VX-Freedom Scout Rifle Scope 1.5-4X 28mm, duplex reticle

I shoot at distances of up to 50 yards, so I think low magnification levels of up to 4X should be sufficient for my needs. I was looking for a scope with an eye relief close to what I measured for my Leshiy 2, and this Leupold’s 6.0”-6.9” eye relief seems like it might fit the bill. The FOV is good, at 29.4’ to 74.2’ (@ 100 yards). Overall length is fairly compact, at 9.35”. Weight is fairly light, at 9.6 ounces.

It’s currently in stock and available at both MidwayUSA and OpticsPlanet for $350. I have stopped using OpticsPlanet (unless I can’t find an item elsewhere) as their order fullfilment and delivery has really fallen down over the last 9 months, at least for me. My experience with MidwayUSA continues to be excellent, top notch, in that regard. I ordered this Leupold scope from Midway yesterday. It was shipped the same day. UPS tracking shows delivery is scheduled for next Wednesday.

I am presently using an (NV-compatible) Aimpoint Micro T-2 red dot (1x, no magnification) on my Leshiy 2, for both daytime and nighttime shooting, as well as a Surefire X400V IR laser, mounted on the L2’s under-barrel rail, for nighttime shooting (with NODs). Neither is super precise; I’m shooting 4 MOA groups with both, but somewhat expected, as the Aimpoint Micro T-2 is a 2-MOA red dot (as well as my skill level, and lack of magnification). The Leupold scope should allow me to tighten that up with some greater precision, for daytime shooting, (which I think I will need for head shots on iguanas at 25-50 yards). But both the Aimpoint red dot and the Surefire IR laser are a lot of fun and allow for quick targeting/shooting (if super fine precision isn’t needed).

I think the 3X12 compact scopes are a perfect size and magnification for the Leshiy 2. I tried the USO but didn’t like the FFP recticle and now have the Optisan 3x12 CP SFP scope and like it a lot. I keep it on 10 or 12 power most of the time and I also have a Holosun red dot on a 45 degree mount on a Valkyrie forearm sighted in at 20 yards . It has come in handy a couple of times walking in the woods with close up shots on chipmunks. But I could have lowered the scope to 3 power too. I don’t see a need for me for more than 12 power after nailing a pidgeon today at a little over 100 yards with my .30 x 450. I like the option of having a variable power scope , turning it down when under a squirrel in a tree and trying to spot him you need only 3 power for more field of view. IMO a full size 50mm scope is just too big and heavy for the short and small frame Leshiy. 

I second the vector veyron 3-12 either the SFP or FFP (personal preference) as an affordable scope for the L2. I assume you’re not entering any competitions with that gun, so I’m more about value and the guns intentions when mounting a scope on, and not breaking the bank while having a compact lightweight scope that’ll get the job done is a win for me. 

It depends on what you are using it for? How far, how small the target, how important is target identification, field of view for target acquisition......

if you need good target ID and shoot small targets at long distances then a high magnification scope is critical. Close range hunting with fast target acquisition the maybe a LPVO but keep in mind LPVO is optimized for 1x or lowest magnification. Another compact option would be prism scope but fixed magnification and a bit heavy depending on the size. 

the vector or one of its siblings would be a great all around scope. Everything else are very specialized or designed for more specific use case. 

https://www.sportoptics.com/leupold-vx-freedom-scopes/leupold-rifle-scope-vx-freedom-4-12x40-175079.aspx

Buy from any place you like with good rating and free shipping.

Focuses between 15-20 yards they do vary.

EXTREMELY bright and clear glass and useable reticle with excellent 80MOA elevation turret travel for those long shots and lighter than the Vector Veyron and Discovery and the top of the line USO version.

If you can live with a 3-9x40 NON AO with a specs sheet that says 60 yards but MINE that I recently received can see clearly at max 9x at 25 yards and 3x at around 10 yards. Too bad they are sold out with the promo! It says CALL FOR AVAILABILITY.

https://www.sportoptics.com/leupold-vx-freedom-scopes/leupold-rifle-scope-vx-freedom-3-9x40-174181.aspx

Reticle Looks like THIS-

Screenshot_2021-02-13-02-28-342.1613219403.png

This one looks like it has a useable reticle for Semiauto blasting with $40 gift card however it's a 1 inch but my Rimfire version is also 1 inch doesn't bother me.

https://www.sportoptics.com/leupold-vx-freedom-scopes/leupold-rifle-scope-vx-freedom-3-9x40-174184.aspx

Screenshot_2021-02-13-02-33-152.1613219692.png

On my Leshiy 2, I bought it for a light weight hunter / desert and woods walker. Like Peskadot, I have narrowed it down to a LPVOto seriously consider for a moving quick target acquisition at shorter ranges 20 to 60 yards for a running Jack Rabbit. Maybe you might give me your opinion on the Kahles 1 - 6x K16i (The illuminated Reticle horse shoe illuminated Luv this reticle ) at 1X moving will be easy to track with on the Leshiy Semi Auto. The Glass clarity is 2nd to none, made in Austria..The Leshiy is an expensive gun no doubt, this scope is expensive as well, however, why get a Less quality optic for a fine gun IMO!... I have found these now at $1600.00 and these were orig. $2500.00... This scope is highly used in 3 Gun Competition i.e. at Snipers Hide and will hold it's $1600.00 value on the used market very well. Here is a video/review below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p-8gBpYX0Q

On my Leshiy 2, I bought it for a light weight hunter / desert and woods walker. Like Peskadot, I have narrowed it down to a LPVOto seriously consider for a moving quick target acquisition at shorter ranges 20 to 60 yards for a running Jack Rabbits. Maybe you might give me your opinion on the Kahles 1 - 6x K16i (The illuminated Reticle horse shoe illuminated Luv this reticle ) at 1X moving will be easy to track with on the Leshiy Semi Auto. The Glass clairity is 2nd to none, made in Austria..The Leshiy is an expensive gun no doubt, this scope is expensive as well, however, why get a Less quality optice for a fine gun IMO!... I have found these now at $1600.00 and these were orig. $2500.00... This scope is highly used in 3 Gun Competition i.e. at Snipers Hide and will hold it's $1600.00 value on the used market very well. Here is a video/review below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p-8gBpYX0Q

not surprisingly, i have never heard anything bad about kahles optics, so seems like a decent option if you have the budget.

my budget is somewhat more limited, so i am starting out with a swampfox arrowhead 1-10x.

it doesn't compare to my leupold mark 5HD, and i don't expect that, but imho the quality, brightness and clarity are far above its price.

Your Leupy mark 5HD is a fine scope and will serve you well at range. Like you, I feel the Leshiy is more of a short range gun and a good candidate for the LPVO type of scope. Keep it light weight at only 4.9 lbs.... short with @ 350mm barrel ..... Can not think of a more Fun and quick to swing and point platform and Semi Auto as well!

What Cal. is your Leshiy?

What ammo do you find the best?

Thanks

Your Leupy mark 5HD is a fine scope and will serve you well at range. Like you, I feel the Leshiy is more of a short range gun and a good candidate for the LPVO type of scope. Keep it light weight at only 4.9 lbs.... short with @ 350mm barrel ..... Can not think of a more Fun and quick to swing and point platform and Semi Auto as well!

What Cal. is your Leshiy?

What ammo do you find the best?

Thanks

the leupold 5HD is actually on a Scar 20S 7.62x51mm rifle. it is indeed a great scope, and needed for the 800+ yard shots taken with the scar.

i haven't had the leshiy 2 for a week and just got the scope yesterday, but i do have some jsb exact jumbo heavy (18.13gr) that edgun sort of recommends.

i have some H&N Barrcida 18.13gr from Pyramid i on the way to try out (ordered this morning), because the JSBs are sold out everywhere i looked.

Apparently your gun is .22 cal Very efficient) I have a .25 cal and i am shooting 33.45 grain hollow point (JSB Knock Outs) at 935 fps / tuned...Bench rest still@ 40 yards groups are just over 1/2"......Plenty good for a walking field gun...paper Punching not so Much!

Jsb's 18's the old stand by and hard to beat...what velocity are your 18 grns going out at....

I think some people should view this video: (https://youtu.be/7FWSlfncmwM)

After watching, you guys should consider the US Optics 3-12x44. Edgun Leshiy gives amazing through the scope shots and explains why he likes the MHR reticle. I have considered the UTG and the Vector and really fear that the glass quality is less and the reticle/turret tracking will suffer. Also, I like the smaller scope that would go on the Leshiy II. 

how much do you want to spend?

i got an swampfox 1-10 LVPO for mine, but it is a fixed parallax so not suitable if you want to zoom in at close range.

this isn't an issue for me, so it functions as a red dot for close up, and i still have up to 10x for farther shots.

i also have other optics to throw on it for other purposes - which i had already.