• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Scope Recommendations for Gamo Swarm Magnum??

I do not know of any under 200 bucks. In this range the Vortex Crossfire 2 - 4 by 12 by 44 second focal plane is the cheapest very good scope that I know of. It will run a bit over 200 dollars.
FFP will not hurt you or help you and with tired eyes it will be on high power anyway. FFP scopes on low power fade the reticle to the point they are impossible to see in some light conditions. On high power not a problem as the reticle is clear. FFP also adds many dollars to the price.
The theory is that FFP does not change POI if you go from 4 power to 12 power. In reality they do change POI slightly higher or lower, not as drastic as SFP, just the same they do change and noticeable at longer ranges.

Overall for tired eyes, such as myself, SFP reticles are much easier to see. If I want to shoot long range I simply refer to my range chart I pre make for all my air rifles. That gives a starting point, however it may still take two or three shots to figure out and dial in changes for the day, temp, wind, pellet even change from lot to lot.
I even tried a FFP on my Crown, I spent hours pasting little range markers on the turrets........now next time the temp changes or wind changes or you buy new pellets with a different lot number, all that is worthless.........so now I simply use a SFP and a few marker shots to gain the daily hold over.

Under 200 bucks with decent magnification is hard to find, if it even exists.

Whoops...........forgot about UTG. They are under 200 dollars.

Cheers
Kit

Last edited:
83+ and I have had excellent results with this model on my HW95L for about 8K shots at an average of 17 FPE. I don't believe a FFP reticle is necessary for a pellet rifle. Good luck.
https://us.hawkeoptics.com/airmax-30-sf-compact-4-16x44-amx-ir.html or the little brother https://us.hawkeoptics.com/airmax-30-sf-compact-3-12x40-amx-ir.html
USBwLjRh.jpg

Reactions: TreePointer
Be careful, that thing will likely kill high $ scopes. Buy something specifically rated for a springer.
My springer killed two 4-16 UTG, and unless you lie to them they won’t warranty them.
After the second one, they would only send me a Bugbuster and a True Hunter to comp for the Accu 4-16 etched glass retical.

I bought my son a Hammers for under $100 to put on his gammo. It is still working.
I now have an Airmax like Deerstalker.
No dis intended, but I wouldn’t spend Airmax money on a Gamo.

Reactions: Deerstalker