• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Scope recommendation

Get this scope and rings and you will be a Happy Camper. Hawke Tactical 30 mm medium rings & Hawke 4-16 x 44 mm SF, IR, compact scope

https://us.hawkeoptics.com/airmax-30-sf-compact-4-16x44-amx-ir.html

IMG_0384 New Rings Compact.1619137773.jpg

On my newly purchased HW50 I put on a Clearidge RM 3x9x32 with Hawke low match rings. It’s a great set up but I would go with medium rings because the lens cover does not fit between the breach and the scope. I feel like it’s a step up from the Hawke 2x7x32 on my HW30. Both are excellent.

I also use a Clearidge 3-9x32 AO on my HW97. After about 500 pellets its holding zero and tracks accurately. I think the combination of 9x with fine crosshair reticle works well for target shooting paper. The duplex, mildot, or duplex dot reticles might be better suited for field work, but currently Optic Zone (Clearidge) does not have those reticles in stock. 

I put classic Adjustable Objective Leupolds on mine, simple cross hairs. 3-9x40 on HW30s, 6.5-20x40 on HW95. 

Neither are current models but were widely sold and available as old stock or used. Be sure to get the Adjustable Objective (Adjustable Parallax) models that go down to 10 yards. 

High build quality, great warranty, clear glass in one-inch tubes, lightweight and springer safe. No silly Chinese logos or tactikewl decorations. 

Expensive but not out of sight. 

If Leupold wasn't making so much money from the military LEO contracts and FUDD types then they ought to redesign a series of modern airgun scopes with side focus, larger tubes and modern reticles. 

But I rather like the classic old-school scope with classic rifles.