SCOPE RECOMENDATIONS FOR TX200

SoCal,

What magnification are you using? And, what is the primary use for your scope-rifle? Do you shoot field target matches? Benchrest? Also,if you can, explain what it means to be tough to pull into…

I have no experience shooting springer airguns…

I do have a few SWFA scopes, for my rimfire rifles… 3-15X-, 12X, 20X… and concur they are good scopes, regardless of price… good glass and great turrets adjustments and easy to use reticle

I am think about pulling one of these off my RF gun and use it for a RWS54 I am getting later today.

Thanks

Bob
SWFA I am currently using is the 16X42 on my TX200 in .177 and the 20X42 on my HW97 in .22 both fixed magnification. What I meant by hard to pull into is the eye relief can be difficult to get comfortable with, and in variable lighting. I love the SWFA in 16 & 20X42; especially for something that I know will last on a springer. I shoot 50 yard benchrest and am trying to start more FT with springers. So far only competed in FT with PCP guns. Hopefully change that this year.

Reactions: MOSOSODBOB
You may want to check out this model of Hawke scopes. I believe that it would be excellent mounted with medium height rings. I have the 44 mm version on my 95 as this model was not yet available when I purchased. https://us.hawkeoptics.com/airmax-30-sf-compact-3-12x40-amx-ir.html

4naxtL8l.jpg

I love this rifle, Glad I upgraded to a new one.
I put a Mantis 3 x 9 x 40 scope on it for now because I like the parallax under 10 yards which is what I am shooting in my basement.
I bought a Hawk airmax 4 x 12 x 50 but I sent it back.
I did not care for the really fine crosshair's. Very nice scope just not a good fit for my primary shooting needs.
I do have a Bug Buster on a different rifle and really like it a lot.
I will continue to research scopes with a low parallax with bright clear glass.
I am considering all suggestions in this chat. Thanks for your input.
Who knows the Mantis is a really nice scope and might just end up staying on the TX200.

I just upgraded to a new TX200 in walnut in .22cal. and I absolutely love this rifle.
I currently have a BSA outlook 3 x 9 x 40 scope in it.
I paid around $100 for the scope. I really like the scope but I would like recommendations
if I was to upgrade.
I mostly just shoot in the basement around 10 yards. So a 10 yard paralax is very important to me maybe even 7 yards.
Sometimes I will go to where I can stretch it out to 50 yards.
I do not compete.
I would stay under $300
Thanks in advance.
Just my opinion but a gun of this quality warrants a better scope. You can get some very good Hawke and Anthon 4-16 scopes used in that price range or less. I will soon be posting a 3-9 Hawke Airmax in mint condition for around $200 with BKL rings. Good luck in your search.