SCOPE RECOMENDATIONS FOR TX200

I just upgraded to a new TX200 in walnut in .22cal. and I absolutely love this rifle.
I currently have a BSA outlook 3 x 9 x 40 scope in it.
I paid around $100 for the scope. I really like the scope but I would like recommendations
if I was to upgrade.
I mostly just shoot in the basement around 10 yards. So a 10 yard paralax is very important to me maybe even 7 yards.
Sometimes I will go to where I can stretch it out to 50 yards.
I do not compete.
I would stay under $300
Thanks in advance.

I bought a HW95 We the Plinkers combo from A of A last fall. It came with a Weirauch 3-9x40 AO scope.
It has 1/8 MOA adjustments and parallax down to 7.5 yards (6.8 meters). I really like it.
I bought a TX200 a month or so later and switched the scope to it. I have been shooting it in the basement
at 25 feet all winter. I’m not positive but I think the scope comes with a set of 1” rings. $247.00

Reactions: TXRMike
Having fun with the element optics on my HW97K. I bought the Helix 6x24x50 $299 at optics planet. More than capable for the 10-50 yard window. Scope has had no issues almost through 1,000 pellets. Great little scope used RWS 1 piece mount $19.99 that has……I believe 20 moa built in to it. My TX200 mkIII comes today From Pyramid Air! #BSB (bring springers back) very excited 🤙🏻🎯🤙🏻🎯

Reactions: EMrider
Scope upgrade... Well you like the bsa at a 100$ scope so you "upgrade" to 200$ scope then find well where was that 100$ scope teally hurting me ?

As long as its clear , holds zero really don't matter if $40 or 240$ scope . Then on the springer it comes down to longevity and warranty if or when it does spit her bits. Ive had better scopes gail like a cheap one and cheaper hold as good as the better. Cheap one you chunk in the trash better depending on the warranty you send in and hope they fix it .

Anyway try to stick with a no questions asked lifetime brand . Like i know athlon or hawke are pretty hassle free .

Reactions: MOSOSODBOB
Well they say u should match the quality of the scope to the rifle. Don't over-scope it. Like trying to use a 6-24x56 (36 oz scope) Match it to your usual conditions. Which yours is very close. I like the the Hawke AMX 2-7x32. (16oz) (focuses down to 7.5 yds.$260. Nice little compact scope. I have them on all but 1 springer (it has a 3-9x40 Hawke AMX) and even on my little PCP Hatsan Flashpup. And my ranges are 25yds to 67yds. The christmas tree reticle is the best for the multible ranges and varying wind conditions I encounter. I did send 1 back for a defect in abberations on the edges of the lens. It was replaced.

I also recently purched an Air Arms TX200 in .22 cal. Waiting on delivery. Researching scope and mount options too. Found this site to gain knowledge.

I get really good discounts with Vortex and love their post sale customer service. This is going on a high end rifle and want good glass to match.

Thinking about their recent released Strike Egale 3-18x44. Main feature that interested me were the focus down to 10 yards and illuminated reticule in MOA scale. But being in 34mm sized tube limited me to mounts. Any comments? Experience?

Will also want to know what to feed it with. I have plenty of .177 pellets on hand buy none in .22. Will want to try field target events.

Thanks for you inputs

Bob

I also recently purched an Air Arms TX200 in .22 cal. Waiting on delivery. Researching scope and mount options too. Found this site to gain knowledge.

I get really good discounts with Vortex and love their post sale customer service. This is going on a high end rifle and want good glass to match.

Thinking about their recent released Strike Egale 3-18x44. Main feature that interested me were the focus down to 10 yards and illuminated reticule in MOA scale. But being in 34mm sized tube limited me to mounts. Any comments? Experience?

Will also want to know what to feed it with. I have plenty of .177 pellets on hand buy none in .22. Will want to try field target events.

Thanks for you inputs

Bob
Field target scope would be 6X 18 x50 minumum 24 power would be better , Side focus (used to range targets in FT ) SFP not FFP start your research again 😃

Field target scope would be 6X 18 x50 minumum 24 power would be better , Side focus (used to range targets in FT ) SFP not FFP start your research again 😃
Good copy on the power range recommended...I can go high for open or BR, and lock into the 16X for hunter class...my understanding of FT shooting, is that the targets are at various distances and one can best estimate the range using the focus of your scope... since range finders are not allowed.. and calibrated eyeballs are limiting... I used to shoot know distance target matches so SFP scopes are ok, I also dial in my ups and windage corrections.... since this is a game where I may want to change magnifications on the fly, would not a FFP scope be better for hold overs and hold under? Be interested in knowing why you would recommend SFP over FFP as a start... thanks

SWFA only $200 built like a tank had one on my HW97K for years now no issue. I like the fixed magnification simple as it gets. They are a little tough learning to pull into as well.
SoCal,

What magnification are you using? And, what is the primary use for your scope-rifle? Do you shoot field target matches? Benchrest? Also,if you can, explain what it means to be tough to pull into…

I have no experience shooting springer airguns…

I do have a few SWFA scopes, for my rimfire rifles… 3-15X-, 12X, 20X… and concur they are good scopes, regardless of price… good glass and great turrets adjustments and easy to use reticle

I am think about pulling one of these off my RF gun and use it for a RWS54 I am getting later today.

Thanks

Bob

I just upgraded to a new TX200 in walnut in .22cal. and I absolutely love this rifle.
I currently have a BSA outlook 3 x 9 x 40 scope in it.
I paid around $100 for the scope. I really like the scope but I would like recommendations
if I was to upgrade.
I mostly just shoot in the basement around 10 yards. So a 10 yard paralax is very important to me maybe even 7 yards.
Sometimes I will go to where I can stretch it out to 50 yards.
I do not compete.
I would stay under $300
Thanks in advance.
Please keep us informed on what you decide to go with…