• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Scope reccomendation

I highly recommend the Vortex line. Lifetime NO FAULT warranty and prices that are very reasonable. They have held up well for me and the glass is decent. Stay away from Nikon as they have announced it is politically incorrect for them to continue offering scopes so they have discontinued their scope line and the warranty will no longer be honored. Leupold and Hawke are good as well, Hawke is the #1 scope for crossbows and they actually make many of the scopes pre-installed on different brands. They hold up well to the violent launches of bolts from a crossbow and I would suspect they will do the same on a springer. The magnification is where things will get alittle icky as the prices will be up there. I have a CenterPoint 6-20x50 that has held up very well too. Much less money but at the higher magnification, it will get a slight haze to the view but still manageable. I always look for older Tasco scopes made in Japan. The glass on those is VERY clear and the scopes are tanks. Best to actually see it before buying those though. I'll be following this thread to see what others recommend. :)

I highly recommend the Vortex line. Lifetime NO FAULT warranty and prices that are very reasonable. They have held up well for me and the glass is decent. Stay away from Nikon as they have announced it is politically incorrect for them to continue offering scopes so they have discontinued their scope line and the warranty will no longer be honored. Leupold and Hawke are good as well, Hawke is the #1 scope for crossbows and they actually make many of the scopes pre-installed on different brands. They hold up well to the violent launches of bolts from a crossbow and I would suspect they will do the same on a springer. The magnification is where things will get alittle icky as the prices will be up there. I have a CenterPoint 6-20x50 that has held up very well too. Much less money but at the higher magnification, it will get a slight haze to the view but still manageable. I always look for older Tasco scopes made in Japan. The glass on those is VERY clear and the scopes are tanks. Best to actually see it before buying those though. I'll be following this thread to see what others recommend. :)

Is there a specific vortex you recommend?

Athlon Argos BTR Gen 2 6-24x50.

Man these are nice scopes for their price point. Tons of good deals for the same scope but the Gen1 version, that are going on right now. 

Lifetime warranty too. 

The Gen1 Argos used the ATMR reticle for MOA scopes. I never liked it. So I bought a Helos instead, The Gen2 Argos is now available with the the APLR2 reticle, same as the Helos has always had. I like that one.

If you prefer mil reticles, Gen1 or Gen2, it makes no difference

Athlon Argos BTR Gen 2 6-24x50.

Man these are nice scopes for their price point. Tons of good deals for the same scope but the Gen1 version, that are going on right now. 

Lifetime warranty too. 

The Gen1 Argos used the ATMR reticle for MOA scopes. I never liked it. So I bought a Helos instead, The Gen2 Argos is now available with the the APLR2 reticle, same as the Helos has always had. I like that one.

If you prefer mil reticles, Gen1 or Gen2, it makes no difference

That's cool Athlon did this for you moa guys!

I've urged Kevin, the owner of Athlon, to put the APLR2 mil reticle in the Argos BTR Gen2, but it didn't happen. So the rifles I don't plan on shooting close with/10Y, I'm making my go-to scope the Ares BTR Gen2 4.5-27x50 because of the APLR3 reticle which is an all .2 mil reticle. 

The Talos BTR 4-14 has an all .2 mil reticle also but I want more magnification and like the higher build quality of the more expensive scopes. I'd be happy with the Argos BTR Gen2 line for sure if there was offered an all .2 mil reticle.

Well truthfully I originally asked for 10Y close focus and .2 mil reticles in all their lines of scopes but..... 

I mentioned to Kevin at the ShotShow a few weeks ago that most of the major brands of the highest end scopes have all .2 mil reticles offered now and it's the most desired kind of tree reticle in the market for PRS and NRL shooters which these FFP tactical type scopes are created for.

Maybe in 2021 we mil reticle guys will have more options??!!