Scope Reccomendation For Hunting A Less Than 50 Yards

I am about to purchase a Weihrauch HW110 .22 for eliminating squirrels in a suburban environment and wanted to get thoughts on a scope for it. I don't want to overbuy (which I do often) but want something that's more appropriate for the use. I was thinking about the Vortex Crossfire II 4-12x50 AO Dead-Hold BDC or the Vortex Crossfire II 6-24x50 AO Dead-Hold BDC. I was wondering if the 6-24x50 was overkill for the range of use and would love some feedback.

I have two of the Crossfire II 4-12x50 with that Dead-Hold BDC. I would highly recommend a reticle with more hold over points, or at least a reticle that matches up to something like moa or mil. That reticle is meant to be used with firearms and if I remember right, Vortex has a little chart that says the first hash below the crosshairs is something like a .223 @ 100 yards, second at 200 yards, and third at 500yards. I've never tried it on a firearm, but I've always wished for more hold over points for an airgun.

Good, clear glass for the price, just better options for airguns, mostly due to that reticle. 

The Crossfire2 6-24x50 is a monstrosity of a scope especially for bullpups.

The Centerpoint from EBay 3-12x44 SFP BDC I got one on a Taipan Veteran Shorty perfect cheap and clear don't need to fiddle with the side focus all the time perfect for hunting you will see. I have several Vortex too and this one's almost half the price very similar glass you be surprised. Lifetime warranty too.

https://www.ebay.com/p/19011763482?iid=392927497354

I am about to purchase a Weihrauch HW110 .22 for eliminating squirrels in a suburban environment and wanted to get thoughts on a scope for it. I don't want to overbuy (which I do often) but want something that's more appropriate for the use. I was thinking about the Vortex Crossfire II 4-12x50 AO Dead-Hold BDC or the Vortex Crossfire II 6-24x50 AO Dead-Hold BDC. I was wondering if the 6-24x50 was overkill for the range of use and would love some feedback.

Spend $300 and be happy
Screenshot_20201025-124537.1603644572.png

I am buying the gun from Airguns of Arizona so if there is one they have that will work better I would love to hear about it since they will mount and sight it in for me

Specifically MTC Connect 3-12x24 AMD illuminated reticle straight tube like a close eye relief just like looking at a HUGE wide screen TV. They will probably mount a pair of Picatinny rings on forward part of tube that's fine.

Only other scopes I would suggest there would be Leupolds and Kahles and select Vortex.

https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/scopes/mtc-optics-viper-connect-sl-3-12x24-amd/