• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Scope Question

Hello,
I'm looking at the Ben Disco .22 PCP. This will be my first Airgun. I've settled on this one after looking at the break barrel springers and read that scopes have a really hard time holding on to the gun. I want to avoid this problem. Do PCP's have this problem, or is that unique to springers?

Thanks,
Red

Pcp's are indeed scope best friends. This can be translated in 2 different ways. You can mount any cheap and poopty scope on your pcp and it will probably be OK (meaning not be destroyed). Or (and this is the way I decided to go) you can put a bit more money (or a lot) for a very good scope that will last for ages and offer you a totally different shooting experience, without any risks of wasting your money with a destroyed scope, which is likely to happen if you mount it on a springer...
So it's much more interesting and safe to invest in a good scope if you mount it on a pcp than on a springer...