• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Scope out of dope

First look at the barrel's crown for dents, burrs, abuse and if shrouded, concentricity with the shroud, etc. Then check out the barrel liner itself for straitness. Look down the chassis to see if the barrel tip point to the right and the scope rail strait. If all is good there, maybe swap the orientation 180° on the two scope mounts to see if anything changes.

so just my experience.. rws 34 and a rws 48.. this was probably 30 years ago, but it wouldn't work at all.. I actually ran out of windage and elevation.. plus the scope moved.. these were both springers which is what I assume you have.. back when rws was all made in Germany..
I don't remember what the mount was called but it was like a one piece clamp with the rings built in.. and so you mount base with I think it was clamped full length of the rail.. with pretty big Allen wrenches.. then a set type screw went into a recess on the rail.. then you mount the scope and have the recticals center like factory.. then there are other Allen screws that allow you to adjust the scope so you are hitting really close.. then tighten it up and just use the scope for fine adjustments..
it's been so long ago I don't remember what it was called but I think it was a rws product.. so to be clear the rings were both on the same one piece and then the clamp was under it and adjust with Allen wrenches..
maybe someone else will chime in and just know what it was called.. I also remember that the rws 34 seems like it had a lot of barrel droop and this part will adjust to compensate..
mark

I've got one of those sitting in my airgun shed. I think I remember it being called a RWS C mount. I bought it back in around 1992 for a rws 34 .177.

Compress_20231124_100318_8272.jpg

Compress_20231124_100318_8408.jpg

If the mount or bases can be reversed try that. Meaning if the screw heads are on the right can you turn it so they are on the left. I have had that work. Only other thing if the gun is not damaged many scopes have less windage adjustments than elevation. If you roll the scope so elevation becomes windage you might make it. No, I never did it but I saw it done and with a very high priced scope.