• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

scope opinion

chet

Oct 14, 2017
PA
i am shooting a 22 lr target rifle at 50yds mainly at time we go to 100yds, i am thinking of the weaver t 24 with the dot, also thinking of the swfa ss 20x42 tactical 30mm scope, since i never looked thru the swfa has anyone looked thru either to compare eye relief and clarity, i see there are only one reticle choice on the swfa, how would that reticle work for 50yd bullseye targets,only reason i am asking about the swfa is because it is around 125 to 150 dollars cheaper, any comments on either, i do also have a mueller 8x32x44 which is dark for me and eye relief is horrendous, i am always moving my head to get the picture. so that one is out. i dont want to go less than 18x

chet

I use a Mueller on one of my rifles and it works well. In fact, I have three target dot models and all are fine. I would suggest you contact Mueller about some warranty service on yours. Looks like you got a bummer. Also, check your mounting. If you have strayed too far away from the middle settings of your elevation and windage knobs, you may want to remount the scope or get some rings that will compensate. Burris Signature rings come to mind.

In addition, I have an Aztec Emerald 5.5-25 on my CZ452 which works well. Also, I have a Sightron SIII 10-50 on an Anschutz 1411and another on a RAW HM1000x 25 cal. So you can see, I run the gamit from low to high price. I'm happy with all of them.

The Weaver T series are good scopes too. Pick your price and pick you scope.

I use a SWFA 20x on air rifles at 75 meters. Clarity is very good and the reticle works well for me. The eye relief is very tough and I have to be spot on. I tried a friends T36 and did not care for it. Washed out very easily and the reticle (target dot) was very thin and hard to see on the target. I'm thinking about a Sightron SII 36X but need to look through one before purchasing. I'm a ways off on the $1K scopes.