• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Scope Mounts for Sub 50ft/lb PCP

Newbie and curious if my assumption is correct. Do you need a heavy one piece scope mount system for a sub 50ft/lb PCP? I'm assuming since they're not like springers you just need a decent 2 piece mount capable of hanging on as you toss the gun around more so than overcoming the forces imparted by the air and projectile. What's your favorite scope mounts for rifles with MOA built into the scope rails?

Common 2-piece mounts are plenty for PCP use. Not just those out to around 50fpe but to pretty much any conceivable energy level. For elevation compensation, take a look at the Burris Pos-align mounts which use eccentric inserts, or something like the Westhunter adjustable mounts (Amazon) or FX No-limits mounts.

Just be advised either approach tends to draw strong opinions. Some complain that eccentric inserts are too hard to use (require trial and error) and others distrust adjustable mounts as being unreliable / easy to knock out of adjustment. If these criticisms play to your own sensibilities, a one-piece mount with 20 MoA built in may be a better choice.

Reactions: Ezana4CE
Common 2-piece mounts are plenty for PCP use. Not just those out to around 50fpe but to pretty much any conceivable energy level. For elevation compensation, take a look at the Burris Pos-align mounts which use eccentric inserts, or something like the Westhunter adjustable mounts (Amazon) or FX No-limits mounts.

Just be advised either approach tends to draw strong opinions. Some complain that eccentric inserts are too hard to use (require trial and error) and others distrust adjustable mounts as being unreliable / easy to knock out of adjustment. If these criticisms play to your own sensibilities, a one-piece mount with 20 MoA built in may be a better choice.
I trusted a set of eccentric bearings to the front stem on my Santa Cruz Bronson where essentially a failure could result in a lot worse than missing my target. If the gun I buy won't allow for scope adjustment, I'll indeed use whichever option that suits my needs with lack of care on who might not agree. ☺️

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the FX No Limits, I've never been able to get them to stay put, shot to shot. The tolerance between the mating parts is pretty darn loose for my idea of precision.

I really like the BRK self-centering scope rings. They are not adjustable, but for fixed ring application they are some of the best and quite reasonably priced. Made in Texas, U.S.A. One of the main things I look for is rings that allow me to mount my scope as close to the top of the magazine as reasonably possible.