• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
Screenshot_2021-12-24_085828.1640316393.jpg
hi batman, 

Is this the scope you suggested, 

Confirm and reply !!!

This is the BKL model I use. It does help with droop and saves a lot of elevation adjustment. If using it on a hard recoiling rifle it will hold securely to the dovetail rail, but the scope sometimes moves. I recommend marking the scope with a pencil to track any movement and lining the inside of rings with double sided tape to help prevent this. 

Just buy a one piece adjustable sportsmatch mount and your troubles are over. At one time BKL was also making a similiar one pc adjustable mount but havent used one. With the adjustable mount makes no difference whether you have droop or not and will allow your scope to stay within one full revolution of optical center. With the large base these mounts wont move. 

I don't know how we decided that you need a droop compensating mount. Don't buy a droop mount if you don't need it. 

The BKL adjustable mount is nice, but it's a real pain in the ass to deal with and mount if you don't actually need the adjustment. Same for the Sportsmatch mount, unnecessary complexity and one more thing to move around, which is what we are trying to avoid. And also expensive. If you actually have a droop issue, bend the barrel upwards slightly for free, and with no moving parts to fail or come loose.

The BKL one piece mounts hold very solid, and are great choice for guns without a stop pin hole.

One important thing concerning the BKL one piece mount: There is very little room on the mount to accommodate the turret bulge on the bottom of the tube. 

Lots of scopes, especially big or cheap scopes, won't clear the mount here. Be advised, something to look out for. 

The double strap two piece BKLs hold great on all of my guns as well, and have more surface area for holding the scope tube securely, and offer more flexibility in scope choice and spacing. I don't shoot magnums or heavy recoiling guns with giant scopes, both of which will tend to make mounts move more. But they have held tight on anything I've used them on.

If you have a stop pin hole in your rifle, any of the cheap UTG two piece or one piece mounts will hold just fine.