• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Scope mount recommendation for Walther LGU-droop or no droop?

Hi all,

I am looking for scope mount/ring recommendations for mounting a scope onto a new Walther LGU I purchased recently. I put on a set of BKL-257 rings that I had in a drawer and discovered that the dovetail grooves on this rifle are very shallow. There is very little contact area with these rings on this Walther compared to these same rings on my rimfire target rifles. So now, I guess I understand why there are a number of one-piece mounts sold for air rifles.

I have looked online at the RWS Lockdown, Diana Bullseye ZR, Beeman 5039, Sportsmatch Dampa, BKL-360 one-piece, and BKL double-strap or triple-strap rings. Someone had written about mounting the RWS Lockdown onto their LGV and they discovered they didn't need the droop compensation built into the RWS mount. Does any of this sound familiar to anyone? I am leaning toward the BKL one-piece or BKL triple-strap rings.

Any advice appreciated-thanks in advance,

Brian

the way most airguns are sighted and their trajectory a droop one actually works out the majority of the time .. a realistic pesting rig thats zeroed to make use of maximum point blank range is typically zeroed in close and fantasy land is way out on the other end of the curve and also requires about a yard of holdover lol ... so yeah .. droop one will be good .. if you screw up and sight your gun right in the height of its trajectory it will still work so yeah .. its the safe bet ..

Hi all,

I am looking for scope mount/ring recommendations for mounting a scope onto a new Walther LGU I purchased recently. I put on a set of BKL-257 rings that I had in a drawer and discovered that the dovetail grooves on this rifle are very shallow. There is very little contact area with these rings on this Walther compared to these same rings on my rimfire target rifles. So now, I guess I understand why there are a number of one-piece mounts sold for air rifles.

I have looked online at the RWS Lockdown, Diana Bullseye ZR, Beeman 5039, Sportsmatch Dampa, BKL-360 one-piece, and BKL double-strap or triple-strap rings. Someone had written about mounting the RWS Lockdown onto their LGV and they discovered they didn't need the droop compensation built into the RWS mount. Does any of this sound familiar to anyone? I am leaning toward the BKL one-piece or BKL triple-strap rings.

Any advice appreciated-thanks in advance,

Brian

Which mount did you end up going for? And how do you like it?

LGUThumbClearanceAfter.JPG

Reactions: TXRMike