• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

scope issue

chet

Oct 14, 2017
PA
i have been shooting my R9 for a few years, i put it away for about a year, and took it back out a few months ago, shoots very accurate, the last 2 or 3 times out shooting it seems like my accuracy dropped off a bit, so i clean the barrel and no difference, i was looking at the fast focus eye pc on this scope, it is a Hawke HK 6427 Enduarance 4x16x50 with side focus, if i wiggle the eye pc up and down i can see where my loss of accuracy, question i have is, is this normal, if i send it back to Hawke to correct this problem, will it occur again, i have about a 1/4" gap between the scope and the ring where i have the best clarity on the reticle. any ideas before i return it.

chet
ps any suggestions on some good optics that this will not happen to and has a better or tighter fitting eye pc set up

Man that sucks , and its not super common but does happen with certain scopes .I sent one scope ( not a Hawke ) back 3 times and each time I got a new scope with exact same issue . 
If you really like the scope try and send it back for repair . I have a cousin who had a scope that did that and he froze the eyepiece with 2 part epoxy ..Lol . Extreme but it worked . 
I personally am not a fan of Hawke scopes , I have had good and bad ones . Had a couple of the 2-7&3-9 Vantages that were very nice for 100$ or so . The few more expensive Hawkes I've had seemed over prices for the glass quality , and tracking was not very good. But lots of guys love them ...I'm just not one of them