• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

SCOPE INCONSISTENCY - INHERENT?

Thanks engliss44 I recall looking at the stop pin holes in my other airrifles when fitting the scopes and I'm pretty sure the holes were round. This rifle is well out of warranty so no redress there. When my son returned the rifle the scope mounts were lose so I suppose the combination of that and a lot of use over the last month wore the stop pin hole.
i will take it apart in the next few days and drill another hole. Good luck with yours.

GAMO was sure that the rounding of the hole was my fault. I was pretty religious about keeping the rings/mounts tight to the receiver. If I sent it back to GAMO, it would cost me around $80 if they fix it. Just not worth the time and cost. Let me know how drilling another recoil hole works. Obviously, many things can go wrong: scope, rings, mounts, seals, etc. I guess you're just lucky if nothing goes wrong and things work as they should. I'll bet spending more money is not insurance for fault-free shooting.

I don't think it would be too difficult. I have seen other makes of airrifles that have up to 3 recoil holes. I just have to take the ram and piston out to drill the hole. I will then clean out any steel filings and put it back together. I'll let you know how I go, but it might take a few days as I'm a bit busy mowing and stuff after being away for a month. 

cacd27b11f2575026fa03b4709f47906.jpg
42b1f3b585f67315f93bcd5b7442acac.jpg
4df1cd2eca26983cacaad0e7c5c8a84c.jpg
6146c92ed54ab44e4f5c0dd42f353e59.jpg
dbc9bf6c57160801369a8eb40a38a1f9.jpg
c56c4aac8b5959ee8b0de7dc2b11d6ca.jpg
6a5b27a5d760e02d95a8d196ca20e13b.jpg

Engliss44 I took some photos for you but it seems that they loaded arse about so I'll try to explain what I did. The bottom photo showed how large and oblong the mount stop reached. The next photo shows how large the hole got. I could if I wanted to screw the pin in then. I then drilled a guide hole and then used a slightly larger bit to drill half way through the chamber so the seat would fit snugly.

I then cleaned the chamber with paper towel on a bit of dowel. Whilst I had the rifle apart I put a new piston seal in. Hope this helps, I'll put the rifle through it's paces tomorrow. It was very accurate prior to lending to my oldest son so I'll see what happens.

Here is an original Gamo 1000, shot 1,001fps w/7.9g , wasn't all that smooth a shooter, need 20 ( twenty ) "warm up shots" then would group well enough for FT.
e3aaeac224dc1dc39d65e2001228dc5c.jpg

It came with the BKL 253 ( I believe) mount on it. The previous owner had even removed the holding screws complexly the BEAT the mount with a large mallet, wouldn't budge.
With the BKL to move/remove you must remove the holddown screws and use them on the other side the spread the mount/rings. They will NOT move. Then "you" wont have any warranty issues. Using the correct BKL you will not need a stop pin at all, honest.

John

like these

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/BKL_1_Pc_Mount_1_Rings_3_8_or_11mm_Dovetail_3_Long_Matte_Black/2883

Engliss44 I sent some pellets on their way yesterday. Nearly all back to normal, as well as a new hole I put in a new piston seal and cleaned the barrel. Mostly on target but a few off as well. Not off by much but around half an inch at 25 meters. I'm pretty sure it will settle down with a few more shots as I couldn't spend much time on it yesterday.

The BKL 253 mount suggested by spysir sounds pretty good to me, I would give that a go first. Where I live I don't think one would be readily available. 
Let us know how you go.
Gary