• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Scope help for new wildcat compact?

Hello all,

Have a new wildcat compact on the way looking at scopes for the kitty. I have a crown now with a Hawke sidewinder 6x24x56 like it on this rifle. Im thinking a scope like this might to big for the wildcat. Thinking of going with smaller Hawke in 50 obj lens or smaller. Also looking at the opticsan 5x20x50. Anyone use this scope if so how does it compare to the Hawke as far as claritey and over all preformance. Thanks in advance. Bob

I have tried Hawke SW30s and Airmax, MTC Optisan Vipers, Aztec, Sightron S-Tac and Athlon and Discovery and Bushnell 6500s. Since there are new players in the game, I think Hawkes are now overpriced.

I would recommend trying an Aztec 3-18x50 or Sightron S-Tac 4-20x50 which according to MY eyes are the clearest of the bunch with the exception of the Bushnells I mentioned but they are priced significantly higher.

The only Hawke that was nice for MY eyes was the 6.5-20x42 1/2 mildot but overpriced IMO and if you can find this specific Hawke used for around $300 or less then I think it would be worth buying.

Walt

I have a Athlon sfp midas btr 2.5-15x50. What i like about it, its considerably lighter than my hawke and shorter.I mostly shoot in my yard out to 60yrds and have shot it out to 130yrds with success at the range. the glass is good and it holds zero. I think the Athlons are worth a look.Good luck what ever you choose and dont forget to post some eye candy when you get it put together.Thanks