• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Scope height on Bobcat MK2?

No, I don't think scope height has much to do with your body height. The most significant limiting factor is the spread between the top of the stock, and the rail itself.

Bullpups in general requires high scope rings, due to the fact that the breech block is basically level with the mounting rail. Rifles could solve this problem by lowering the butt of the stock.

I am having the exact same problem with my Wildcat love the gun but I need to alter the design because it is very awkward for me even with the high scope rings I just installed when shooting off the bench, it seems fine when shooting offhand. I am 6'-5" with long arms it feels like a kids gun to me I am going to extend the butt and eventually just make a new stock. I have to really force my face into the cheek piece to get a good site picture on the scope.

I don't think it's much of a deficiency exactly. As long as you have a scope that could tolerate the MOA adjustments at close ranges, there isn't much you have to give up for high scope heights. After all, high scope rings are readily available, and they are designed for just this reason.

Take a look at this Steyr AUG, a classic bullpup firearm, look at how high the scope is mounted:

Don't mean to start any arguments, but why I asked cayin how tall he is, is because there is a proportionality between your height and the distance from your shoulder to your eye. Hence why someone might have to really crane their neck over to look down a scope line that is proportionally lower as compared to someone who is say only 5'7" would not have the same problem.

As an example, I am 5'7" short, I know. Yet I would need medium height rings on the same gun that Cayin might need some high rings in order to be comfortable. Yes it is gun dependent as well, but in this case high rings on the bobcat might make life a little more comfortable? good luck with it.

High profile rings or extra high profile rings are prevalent on most bullpups, for the previously stated reasons. 1st and 2nd Zero can be set, especially with utilization of elevation adjustable rings, to work quite nicely from 15 yards to 150 yards. With most guns and calibers, you will be required to learn your hold under (up to 1/2 mildot for ranges inside a 50 yard 2nd zero) but this typically translates into less than 1/2" differential in POI. Negligible in my opinion. Targets inside 15 yards are rare but would require a hold over up to the distance between centerline site and bore @ point blank. The main detrimental factor is, controlling cant as this is amplified by the higher site centerline relative to the centerline of the bore. As an example, for my Edgun .25 w/ 2 5/8" centerline differential, a 15 degree cant will translate into just under a 2" POI shift @ 100 yards. IMHO, a scope level is mandatory for most bullpup configurations. The other big factor is, generally bullpups are poop for left handers, with the exclusion of the Vulcan, which has been designed to accommodate this eventuality utilizing a reversible bolt and flush mount magazine.