Benjamin Scope for the P Rod

I would go for an lightweight compact scope.

1. Bugbuster 3-9x32 AO
2. Hawke vantage 2-7x32 AO

If you want to spend a little more, you can go with the Optisan CP series

10x32
3-12x32

Or if you dont like 32mm objectives, you can go for an Vector Optics 10x44 veyron or the 3-12x44 FFP variant.
Only thing wrong with the compact scopes is that they are so short, if you use the stock that comes with the prod you'll have to uncomfortably stretch your neck forward to get the proper eye relief... Better with a collapsible stock.. or get some type of rail extender to move the scope more to the rear

After deciding the P-Rod not particularly well suited to Extreme Pistol Field Target competition but is a great hunting pistol, I mounted a cheap NcStar Chinese 2-7x long eye relief scope, sighted her in all the way to 50 yards, and proved the optics choice a good one with the longest air pistol hunting shot I've ever made.

58 yd P Rod.jpg

Yes, I was going for a brain shot at 58 yards, with help from a makeshift rest on my Polaris.

I've since adorned this awesome hunting pistol with Corcorran woodwork in hopes she'll forgive me for the cheap (but very functional) optics.

1702350563413.png

Last edited:
I think the Hawke Vantage 2-7x32AO, 3-9x40AO which I have on my Prod and the 4-12x40AO are decent scopes for the Prod. Like others said, I found the compact scopes like the BugBuster difficult to get a comfortable eye relief with.
A Tom West stock and medium rings gave me perfect eye alignment with my Hawke Scopes.

IMG_2526.jpeg

After deciding the P-Rod not particularly well suited to Extreme Pistol Field Target competition but is a great hunting pistol, I mounted a cheap NcStar Chinese 2-7x long eye relief scope, sighted her in all the way to 50 yards, and proved the optics choice a good one with the longest air pistol hunting shot I've ever made.

View attachment 414758

Yes, I was going for a brain shot at 58 yards, with help from a makeshift rest on my Polaris.

I've since adorned this awesome hunting pistol with Corcorran woodwork in hopes she'll forgive me for the cheap (but very functional) optics.

View attachment 414759
What pellets are you hunting with. Thats and incredible shot. Congratulations

What pellets are you hunting with. Thats and incredible shot. Congratulations

Thankfully that P-Rod loves 18.1 grain JSBs, since PCPs produce higher muzzle energies with heavy-for-caliber projectiles. After drilling-out the transfer-port to .091" she produces 19.2 foot-pounds of muzzle energy with them. Then the farther from the muzzle, the more that advantage grows with high-BC heavy pellets like the 18.1s. At such extreme ranges as this the heavies have substantial advantages over lighter, faster pellets. At 58 yards it was still carrying 13 foot-pounds; plenty enough to shoot right through most small-game animals.

Because accuracy is ultimately my highest priority, I shoot only JSB domes (in all calibers). From my notes-

18.1 FX, transfer-port drilled to .091”, 16 shot powerband- Low= 674, Hi= 704, ES= 30, SD= 10, Avg= 691 FPS/19.2 foot pounds

Last edited:
I put a 4X Barnett X-bow scope on my P-Rod pistol. Very easy to do an objective lens parallax adjustment to it and It has 6 plex units along the vertical x-hair axis, which is a great system for plinking to very long range netting me 90 MOA screwing around.
Very interesting indeed !!! I have often wondered if that could be done as some x bow scopes are really cool. Thank you for letting me know that I can be done. Very interesting indeed

Reactions: Northwoods22
Lot of high mag scopes here. I don't use anything above 4x on any of my pistols. Usually prefer a basic 2x. Bsa makes a good one. Here is a center point 2x on my ranchero. An unfashionably cheap optic for an expensive gun, but it has clear glass, and I've got no issues or complaints with it. Also hard to find one this compact. Including this one as it's discontinued.
PSX_20230611_163418.jpg