Scope for prod

Hi guys. I have a prod that I use in pistol configuration with a scope. My son, 6, really loves shooting my airguns with me. He always asks to shoot the "small gun", because it's more his size. This got me to thinking about putting the stock on it and using it as a carbine. It should be perfect size for him to shoot.

I would need to pick up a small, lightweight rifle scope to go on it. I don't want to spend more than $100. Actually spending $50 would be great. I'm thinking a fixed 4x should suffice for shooting spinners in the back yard. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a scope like this? Thanks.

I have made a few of these diy stocks. It’s a copper tube and two end caps. The butt is I piece of aluminum bar stock. I have a bolt on the pistol side held in with jbweld and on the bit side a nut held in with jbweld. I didn’t care for the Crosman stock. This was cheap and easy. 

1589923161_5303666565ec44d596482b6.29211183.jpeg
1589923179_5793863275ec44d6be54113.28718540.jpeg
1589923198_3773261735ec44d7eb54797.34413808.jpeg

I’ve had my prod for about a year and a half now with thousands and thousands of pellets through it and I never had that cheap plastic stock on it. It seems so small that it’s hard to believe that the LOP would be too long. Cutting it down or adding some aftermarket stock seems easy enough. Maybe a Steve Corcoran????

it sounds like the general consensus is a 2-7 or the 3-9 bugbuster for the prod. The bsa edge pistol scope I have now is a 2-7 and I do like the variable power. I was thinking a fixed power to save weight, complexity and money. I did have a fixed 4 power utg leapers on a marauder and thought it was a great scope for $40. Joe likes the hawke though and that means something. Never had a hawke, but will check it out. Thanks for all the suggestions so far.

Alright a Simmons 4power is great and inexpensive,but the one I got is a pistol scope....think Eye Relief.....also when thinking the distance from your eye to scope....some scopes have a more forgiving eye relief....I would get the fit right for him..comfortable .length of pull,then measure or guesstimate eye relief stop! screw a scope get him some simple open sights or why not a red dot?why you want a scope??....SCOPE IS FOR OLD PEOPLE,LIKE ME...