• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Scope for my new Air Arms TX200?

I have ordered a new Air Arms TX200 MKIII .177 from Mike Melick. He will get it tuned a bit and to me soon. 

So I am now trying to decide what scope and mount type to put on it.

Form factor is important to me on this beauty. I do not want to encumber the loading port with a long scope. I will shoot 10 to 50 yards in my back yard.

Advice would be appreciated . . . . . .

EDIT: Ref. form factor - I do not want a scope that is too long that it hangs too far to the rear so it can clear the loading port. The loading port to rear cheek pad limit the distance on this rifle.

A Hawke AirMax 4-16x50 30 SF full length scope clears the port on my TX200

186 RWSTX200.1626810571.JPG

I think it's either a Hawke or Leapers mount. The AirMax has a somewhat short tube section so a 1 piece with just 3 screws on the base seems to be needed or at least preferred to a 4 screw, it allows more front to back adjustment with the scope. 2 piece mounts will also be fine and allow the most amount of movement on the scope tube but be sure which ever mount you choose make sure it has a recoil pin!

My TX200 MK3 has my Leupold 6-20x40 scope with a one piece Sportsmatch mount, no issues with loading. The sportsmatch mount is one of many I have used over the years with NO issues. Same with the Leupold scope, it is 30 yrs old, been on numerous guns including a R1, RWS 52, RWS 48, two different TX's, and a marksman model 56. Mount and scope have never let me down!! Yes a few more bucks but....no issues!

My Sightron 10-50x60 covers some of the loading port but doesnt impede my loading at all. Learned technique maybe, but I just shot an FT match with that scope and my TX200....

I also have the same Sightron scope on my TX200 and have no issues loading, it's a little pricey but really enjoy it for some precision work.