• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Scope for 50m benchrest

I currently have two rifles for 25 m bench rest, A Thomas .177 and a custom hft500. I have a sightron SIII 10x50-60 on the hft and Sightron SIII 35x45 ed on the Thomas. Both rifles capable of 250-20+x
I am waiting for my Daystate bench rest .25 cal to arrive from AoA, and I am interested in joining N50 comps. Looking at scopes I am a little confused as to what I should get .
Currently I have been looking at Leupold 45x45 competition scope, March high master 10-60x56 or the 48x52, another sightron?: Ior / valdada benchrest…
Am I overlooking something . I was also looking at the Athlon midas Tac but I am not crazy about first focal plane although for 50m br it will probably stay at one magnification…Id prefer 2nd focal plane and decent amount of magnification and un cluttered reticle preferably target dot .
Thanks
Jim

Me personally prefer high power scopes, I like to see the POI holes edges how it is tearing the paper.
Both my target scopes SFP, one with simple crosshair and the other is a 6 point milldot with no dot in intersection.
I never had before but would like to try ones a broken crosshair with a small center dot or a center ring so I can see the X, SFP of course. My mind accepts if a dot is covering the ten ring for aiming, but still I like to see a hole.

Me personally prefer high power scopes, I like to see the POI holes edges how it is tearing the paper.
Both my target scopes SFP, one with simple crosshair and the other is a 6 point milldot with no dot in intersection.
I never had before but would like to try ones a broken crosshair with a small center dot or a center ring so I can see the X, SFP of course. My mind accepts if a dot is covering the ten ring for aiming, but still I like to see a hole.
What scopes are you using?

For the piece price I must point it out ...
there are people out there claiming that these two scopes coming down from the a same assembly line.
I had an access and I compared the Falcon X50 vs Sightron S3, and only the Falcon keeps the clarity at full 50x power the Sightron start loosing it about 43ish and at 45x is considered "blur". I am not sure what made is the Sightron glass but the Falcon warranty is clearely from Japan.
Unfortunately I had never a budget for a scopes with german glass other then in photography lenses, but I hope I may buy one in this life for airguns.

Reactions: birddogg845
3B751E18-86B3-4754-B6C1-54231F01EB42.jpeg

Reactions: rsfrid