Scope Debate. Which will you choose?

You can find the Diamondback for 399 or cheaper now in the G1 model

1594417397_10664317965f08e0f57f26a9.63660209.jpg
1594417405_4900293155f08e0fd0aa7f6.96331623.png

You’ve never heard of a Vortex Diamondback? I have one, it’s a great FFP scope for $339!

The other one YO convinced me to buy for my son’s new gun. He said it was great for the money and compared we’ll with much higher priced scopes. It’s on the way. Better be as good as you touted it to be,Yo.

OR ELSE!!!

Stoti

Looking forward to your thoughts on the Aim scope. Vortex Diamondback will obviously hold its value well vs the AIM scope, but I rarely sell any of my gun related items.

The Alpha6 is absolutely clearer than the Diamondback through the entire magnification range, and is clearer than the Aztec Emerald at highher Magnification. The difference in light transmission between the Alpha6 and the Diamondback was startling to me at least.

You are in Ohio Redick, correct?

IF you can make the trip, there is a bench rest match in Columbus this Sunday at the Central Ohio Airgunners range. I will bring an Aim Alpha6 along with my gear and you can see for yourself.

I choose a scope first because of the reticle that I like, then if it has adjustable parallax down to 10 yards. Then I look at optical clairity and other features, but it's not my first requirment. Most scopes are more or less ok, optically, even the cheap ones. My eyes don't have good optical clarity.

I would have to say my first requirement is it has to be FFP, then next is the reticle. The Diamondback has everything I'm looking for but I would like a little more magnification. The only one I can find so far with FFP, full Christmas tree reticle is the Athlon Ares and it costs a lot more than the Diamondback. Getting close to three times as much money. If the alpha6 had the right features I'd buy it in a minute.

You’ve never heard of a Vortex Diamondback? I have one, it’s a great FFP scope for $339!

The other one YO convinced me to buy for my son’s new gun. He said it was great for the money and compared we’ll with much higher priced scopes. It’s on the way. Better be as good as you touted it to be,Yo.

OR ELSE!!!

Stoti

The model your referring to would be the older model with the Ebr-1C reticle. This model was released just last year with the Ebr-2C reticle 

YEP the BRAND NEW MODEL VORTEX I RETURNED THATS THE BUGGER I COMPARED IT DIRECTLY TO MY ALPHA6. SUCH A MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT OPTICALLY SUX THE $1200.00 ATHLON ARES ISNT THAT MUCH BETTER EITHER!!! JUST STICK WITH AT LEAST THE RAZORS IF YOU NEED TO GO VORTEX UNLESS YOU CAN BE CONTENT WITH THE CHEAP CROSSFIRE2 FRONT AO FOR SPRINGERS AND GO WITH THE CRONUS IF YOU INSIST ON ATHLON THEN YOURE GONNA BE HAPPY.

I choose a scope first because of the reticle that I like, then if it has adjustable parallax down to 10 yards. Then I look at optical clairity and other features, but it's not my first requirment. Most scopes are more or less ok, optically, even the cheap ones. My eyes don't have good optical clarity.

I would have to say my first requirement is it has to be FFP, then next is the reticle. The Diamondback has everything I'm looking for but I would like a little more magnification. The only one I can find so far with FFP, full Christmas tree reticle is the Athlon Ares and it costs a lot more than the Diamondback. Getting close to three times as much money. If the alpha6 had the right features I'd buy it in a minute.

JSAR HAS THE ALPHA6 IN A FFP ILLUMINATED 4.5-27x50 UNDER THEIR HOUSE LABEL FOR $280. Use a CC with chargeback protection if you NEVER receive it. You can pay $280 or $1200.00 for very similar optics buy BOTH and I'll buy the JSAR scope from you (BUT NOT THE ATHLON) if you're not happy with it so long as you don't mount it. SAME GOES FOR ANYBODY EKSE WANTING TO TRY THE JSAR FFP I WILL BUY ALL FROM YOU GUYS IF YOURE NOT HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU SEE BUT JUST DONT MOUNT THEM.

I'd also take a TAC VECTOR ANYDAY OVER AN ATHLON ARES WHICH I RETURNED TOO AFTER COMPARING TO THE ALPHA6. YOU GET SIMILAR FFP OPTICAL CLARITY IF NOT SUPERIOR DEPENDING ON MODEL TAC VECTOR FOR ROUGHLY 1/4 TO 1/2 THE PRICE OF THE ATHLON ARES. THE ALPHA6 IS 1/5 TO 1/6 THE COST OF THE ARES BTW... CHEAPEST WAS $165 BUT YOU STILL GOT PLACES SELLING FOR $229 WELL NO THATS ALL GONE SO $249 CURRENT IN STOCK IF YOU DO YOUR SEARCH THEN THERES THE $289 AND $299 PLACES SUCH AS OPTICS PLANET WHO JUST RECENTLY SOLD THEM FOR $235 with a 10% off net $212 something like that but STOTI BOUGHT THE LAST ONE AT THAT PRICE SO THEY JUST JACKED IT UP TO AROUND $289 NOW AND DVOR HAD THEM AT $189 LAST SALE LAST YEAR . ITS A $398 RETAIL SCOPE BTW...

I really want anyone who recommends and compares any scopes to others to at least own a Nightforce SHV to at least get an idea what the basic minimum of what minimum acceptable clarity means. Then know what to expect. $1000.00-$1400.00 JAPAN Sightron SIII REALLY REALLY REALLY SUCKS ON HIGH MAGNIFICATION PAST 30x!!! $1200 NIGHTFORCE SHV (ENTRY LEVEL JAPAN NIGHTFORCE) SHOULD BE THE MINIMUM. OR EVEN CHEAPER FILIPINO SIGHTRONS ARE BETTER SUCH A SHAME!!! There are SOME RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP SCOPES THAT ARE INDEED UNBELIEVEABLY CLEAR AT ANY PRICE!!! THAT CAN BE PUT HEAD TO HEAD WITH $1000.00-$2000.00 SCOPES. NOT JOKING HERE. UNFORTUNEATELY MOST OTHERS SAY AROUND 95% CANT. UNFORTUNEATELY I HAD TO BUY THEM ALL IN ORDER TO KNOW WHAT I KNOW. RETURNED MANY... WELL MOST... 80% and 10% I missed the deadline to return... Some I kept as ONE or 2 examples only because I liked the reticle and or illuminated even if they were blurry as HELL to me on high magnification because they seem favored by most AIRGUNNERS who haven't yet experienced what I have when looking through PERFECT GLASS. FEW OF The HAWKE SW30s (NOT ALL JUST A COUPLE FEW) are almost as clear as The ALPHA6 ALMOST. 2x-3x the price too. Frontiers and ED are just about neck and neck. Alpha6 looks clearer on higher magnification though. Biggest shock was side by side with the $649 MTC VIPER PRO it was LAUGHABLE. MTC at 20x and up was like WORSE THAN A HUGE LEAPERS SIDE FOCUS. THE ALPHA6 ATE IT FOR BREAKFAST. I HAVE FOUR OF THEM SO IT PROBABLY WASNT A DEFECTIVE SCOPE UNLESS ALL 4 ARE. OH JUST compared the ALPHA6 TO A LEUPOLD 6.5-20x40 EFR TODAY. Be fair 20x on both. PRETTY MUCH NECK AND NECK CLARITY WISE. LEUPOLD JUST HAS A PINCH OF SLIGHTLY BRIGHTER VIEW FROM A ONE INCH TUBE!!! VS 30MM ALPHA6... TO BE CONTINUED...