• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Scope Advice

Trajectory for my HW95L .22 that closely matches the rifle which is zeroed for 25 yards. This may help and the APP is free.

ChairGun 50 yard.1650769308.jpg

I guess I should have read the whole thread, my bad.

I agree with others that 20 feet is far too close, BUT 3.5” low with adjustments maxed out is indicative of SERIOUS barrel droop. Hitting that low at 20 feet, as distance grows you are only going to hit lower and lower.

Even with half that much droop you are still looking at 1 3/4” low at 20 feet. I am gonna go out on an limb here and assume you have 2” height over bore or less, so with your adjustments maxed out you are probably looking at maybe a 25 yard zero with the trajectory not rising above the point of aim at any other point in the trajectory.

So long story short, you definitely have barrel droop. Even if you didn’t, you need a set up that works for your short range. You need to invest in a droop compensating scope base or rings.

With that much of droop and for close range shooting I would most definitely get both a droop compensating mount AND rings. Or something with some good adjustability.

Also, I would never use a scope with any of the adjustments maxed out. Something to do with erector tubes and springs and some other jargon I can’t explain why, I just know that it’s more likely to fail with the adjustment maxed out.

Barrel droop is a common problem with barrel breakers. I have still used the 1-piece UTG mount and about 30 seconds on a sanding machine had the scope right back on center. Not a big deal at all. Don’t try this method with rings as you can damage the scope because the rings no longer align to one another. A 1-piece mount though is a perfect candidate for this simple fix.