Scope advice

When in doubt about any scope you may be looking at, you can always contact the company, ask and get it straight from them whether what you're looking at is rated for spring piston airgun use. You should also look very closely at the warranties companies offer on their scopes on the chance it may need returned. 

The Burris contact page is here: https://www.burrisoptics.com/customer-service#contact

I know every shooter has their own favorite brands, but for what little it may be worth, I have both an HW95 .22 and a Beeman R9 .20, both of which wear Hawke Airmax 4-12x40 AO scopes and have never had issues with either. I'm sure others will chime in with info, ideas and suggestions.

The Fullfield can handle the recoil—-there is a guy in the GTA who has the FF E1 side focus, Long Range MOA reticle mounted on his 97, and I happen to have the same scope on my no-Ruger-parts 10/22 (except for the mags).

This scope has a strict 50-yard to infinity parallax setting, but the Fullfield with the front AO does not—-you can dial it down, as far as I can remember, down to 15 yards or 20 yards at lower mag.

I used to have 2 of these front AO scopes a long time ago.

They are nice scopes and made in the PI unlike the made in China Hawke scopes.

Hmm, I try to avoid optics manufactured in the PRoC.