• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Venturi Scope adjustment issues?!

Recently purchased a Air Venturi Avenger.25 Cal and have had to use adjustable scope mouts on my element helix scope as I was getting close to end of adjustment in my scope. Someone just mentioned that I should not have had to do that with that rifle. So now I'm googling and getting a bunch of different sources saying different things. Has anyone ever had this issue and is it solvable without putting so much stress on my scope with my setup now with my rear scope rings 1.5mm higher than front.

Uploaded pic for attention/help
1000002757.jpg

Last edited:
It's not normal but not unheard of, either. Remove the Picatinny rail and inspect the casting underneath. It may have flashing (wispy material left behind when it was removed from the mold). And if that flashing is somewhere on the forward portion, the Picatinny rail won't seat fully and the scope will be angled upwards.

Beyond that, the next thing would be to check that the barrel isn't drooping or being pulled downward by the barrel band.

At what distance are you zeroing? Zeroing at close range (10 yards) requires more adjustment than 30 yards.

Reactions: cavedweller
WayToo,
I've heard some Avenger owners replaced the picatinny scope rails with upgraded versions, seems the factory ones are not good. Check YouTube for Avenger videos, recall where a new owner pointed this out. AGN archives should contain information on Avenger upgrades. Best of Luck, WM
Using WestHunter adjustable rings but they're not canted just raised height of the rear sight.

It's not normal but not unheard of, either. Remove the Picatinny rail and inspect the casting underneath. It may have flashing (wispy material left behind when it was removed from the mold). And if that flashing is somewhere on the forward portion, the Picatinny rail won't seat fully and the scope will be angled upwards.

Beyond that, the next thing would be to check that the barrel isn't drooping or being pulled downward by the barrel band.

At what distance are you zeroing? Zeroing at close range (10 yards) requires more adjustment than 30 yards.
Trying to have 75y be my zero, I've not checked under the pic rail yet that is a good point, I'll check it.

WayToo,
I've heard some Avenger owners replaced the picatinny scope rails with upgraded versions, seems the factory ones are not good. Check YouTube for Avenger videos, recall where a new owner pointed this out. AGN archives should contain information on Avenger upgrades. Best of Luck, WM
I'm running a different furniture kit that doesn't use the factory barrel band but had the issue before I swapped as well will almost no noticable difference 45y and in. I'll have a chance to get down to the property this weekend and stretch out to 100y and see if furniture kit made any noticeable difference out that far. Added picture to post to show furniture kit

I would try different rings. I have some UTG rings on my Gen 1 Avenger and didn't have a problem. I tried a different scope with WestHunter adjustable rings and I ran out of windage adjustment. Used the same scope with the UTG rings and it's pretty close to optical center at a 50 yard zero.
I used provided rings that came with the element optic and that's where I had the issue, stole the Westhunters off another rifle to attempt to fix the issue since I knew I could use adjust the height of them individually. I'm going to take off the pic plate and check the top of the unit for parallel with the barrel by itself and then with the barrel locator and shroud on and see if there is any different potentially causing some droop. Aswell as check the pic rail tolerance and see if putting some nicer aluminum pic rail solves the issue

My Avenger has that same problem - I need to raise the rear ring somehow. Changing the stock from plastic to wood to Buck Rail and back to wood didn't help. The casting looked okay, but was obviously a little out of whack.

I changed from the factory rail to a Saber Tactical picatinny rail, and that seemed to help a little.

Lately I've been using those WestHunter adjustable rings. I use one notch in the rear ring to raise it enough to get the vertical close to center when I zero the scope at 25 yards. I've used pop can shims, and they work too.

Reactions: mprescott and Fig
My Avenger has that same problem - I need to raise the rear ring somehow. Changing the stock from plastic to wood to Buck Rail and back to wood didn't help. The casting looked okay, but was obviously a little out of whack.

I changed from the factory rail to a Saber Tactical picatinny rail, and that seemed to help a little.

Lately I've been using those WestHunter adjustable rings. I use one notch in the rear ring to raise it enough to get the vertical close to center when I zero the scope at 25 yards. I've used pop can shims, and they work too.
Good info here. I to have an issue at 50 yards I'm slightly left on bull. I'm not sure if my scope a centerpoint 3×13×44 (one with open turrets and lockable) is adjusting correctly. I like the scope and reticle. But adjustment is finicky. Seems when I try to adjust I feel or hardly hear the clicks. I may try another scope soon.
I to have the sabre tactical Rail and the aforementioned west hunter rings. Elevation is fine so no need to adjust I remember reading Nervous trigger s post about the reversible clamping plates may be an issue if using the wrong one. I do believe he was referring to dovetails
though. What width is the sabre tactical? And would swapping the clamps work?
Also I have installed the buck rail conversion and swede carbon fibre shroud and really like it but wonder if while installing I shifted barrel?
So I to am looking for a windage adjustable scope ring possibly. May bite the bullet and go sportmatch

Good info here. I to have an issue at 50 yards I'm slightly left on bull. I'm not sure if my scope a centerpoint 3×13×44 (one with open turrets and lockable) is adjusting correctly. I like the scope and reticle. But adjustment is finicky. Seems when I try to adjust I feel or hardly hear the clicks. I may try another scope soon.
I to have the sabre tactical Rail and the aforementioned west hunter rings. Elevation is fine so no need to adjust I remember reading Nervous trigger s post about the reversible clamping plates may be an issue if using the wrong one. I do believe he was referring to dovetails
though. What width is the sabre tactical? And would swapping the clamps work?
Also I have installed the buck rail conversion and swede carbon fibre shroud and really like it but wonder if while installing I shifted barrel?
So I to am looking for a windage adjustable scope ring possibly. May bite the bullet and go sportmatch

I guess the Saber Tactical rail replacement is a standard picatinny. The width is the same as the old Avenger rail.

Installing the Buck Rail conversion seemed to move things around enough to require re-zeroing the gun.

The calculation for shimming is an easy trigonometry problem but if you need to do it more than a time or two, it’s nice to have it in a spreadsheet. Here’s a copy I posted a while back if anyone needs it.

Reactions: Privateer
L-R is easy. Black Arts Design includes it with their barrel band installation. Center your scope reticle. With the barrel band somewhat loose, twist the shroud towards where you want the pellet impact on target to be. Then tighten the barrel band up.

Vertically, use one of the adjustable ring sets already mentioned, or what I did was to cut a shim for under the scope from a plastic milk jug. Ended up being about .030". Worked perfectly and, no, I don't worry one bit about damaging my scope using the manufacturer scope cap torque of 15 inch pounds.