• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Scissor lift rifle rest?

That’s exactly what I use and love it. Obviously could be more sturdy but next option is 300-400 bucks. Regardless it works very well, keep in mind that you will need a talk front bipod.

I don't have a picture on here yet, but I built a stand using one for front elevation control. Pretty sloppy one way, not as bad rotated 90 deg. I do use it for sighting and working on rifle, but not stable enough for competition. Perhaps you could find a way to add a couple springs to reduce " wobble ".

In that case, I had a backup idea of using a scissor car jack. They're heavier so they might be more stable without the wobble and they price is still reasonable.

Amazon.com: CPROSP Scissor Jack for car/SUV/MPV (4400 lbs / 2T Load) : Everything Else

I have a Rabbit ear back rest for the back but to adjust the height on that I use the foam squares that you get your pellets shipped in. If you are lucky you will have a few that have not had the holes knocked out. They are pretty dense and if your bench surface is not perfect they wont wobble. I did use rubber slabs but the foam blocks work just as well and much lighter.

This should work for an adjustable rear rest,

Homemade rest .1648998465.JPG

Did I mention I just happen to have one listed in the classifieds for $50.00