SCFM vs CFM vs Lying marketing scum

Soo, some of you know I have 3 large 437cf tanks plus a half dozen scba tanks of various capacity. Yes, we go thru a lot of air.

Initially I had to take 2 or 3 tanks to the paintball shop every other day which was a waste of a couple hours.

We acquired our first storage tank which cut down the trips to once a week. However, loading a 150lb steel tank into the back of a PT Cruiser was something that me and my daughter could barely accomplish, so we bought a compressor. Then my friend got 2 additional storage tanks.

That was all well and good except that I'm Blonde and tend to believe whatever crap marketeering people tell me. 

None of my compressors have filled my tanks in anywhere near the time my limited math skills told me they should be filled at.

Last week I bought a 20 gallon 135psi compressor at the local Farm & Barn to use with a nail gun, paint sprayer, and sander. 

Right away it became apparent that the compressor could not keep up with any of the air tools I bought, even with an additional 10 gallon supplemental air tank the pimply faced youth at the store recommended.

After rechecking my math, and making a call to my drunk biker friend I hit up youtube for an answer. An entire day later I got what I consider to be a definitive answer to all my compressor performance issues. 

The information deals with the low psi compressors but in my experience absolutly applies to the high psi units we use.

Prepare to be pissed off from the following link.

https://youtu.be/cfjSm_ieRkE

Now is he Canadian or Cajun?

Because theres a lot of french underlaying when he speaks/swears.

I have referred to his findings for the past few months and he's 100% right.

The industry is so filled up (with their own missing air) bullpoop, that we as consumers are left hign and dry unless we see this kind of BS reverser.

Canadian me thinks. Sounds like my family. Could me Northern Minnesota too

Now is he Canadian or Cajun?

Because theres a lot of french underlaying when he speaks/swears.

I have referred to his findings for the past few months and he's 100% right.

The industry is so filled up (with their own missing air) bullpoop, that we as consumers are left hign and dry unless we see this kind of BS reverser.

Canadian me thinks. Sounds like my family. Could me Northern Minnesota too

He's Canadian. In some of his other vids he mentions it

Saw that video posted here earlier - great explanation. OTOH, Alkin doesn't seem to do this. My back-o-the-envelope calcs says I'm getting their spec, but they spec "charging rate" so that's entirely less ambiguous than the cfm @ psi mentioned in the video.

GsT

There is a great difference between 150psi max shop compressors and the HP ones we use!!!

HP compressors all work against a finite volume and a pressure gauge so theres no cheating possible. If you lie it shows and they wont risk that.