SCBA valve

I've been having problems with the male foster fitting on this valve for a while and I want to either replace the foster fitting to a micro hose or replace the hold valve. I would rather convert the male foster but I can't find a fitting with the two orings. Looking for advice on what I could do.

For reference, the one on the left is a valve that came off an Omega tank. The valve I'm having problems with is on the right, the threads seem to be straight walled and measure 17.88 mm or .70 inch

KIMG0192.1648617207.JPG

KIMG0191.1648617187.JPG

KIMG0190.1648617165.JPG

The male foster fitting's measures 9.8mm or .385 inches and it too seems to be straight walled.

KIMG0182.1648617140.JPG

KIMG0181.1648617122.JPG

KIMG0180.1648617102.JPG

The valve has an M18x1.5 thread and a replacement can be bought cheaply on Ali Express or eBay. The foster thread will be an M10x1 but it may be difficult to find one with the twin O-ring design of the one you have. It may well be possible to use an alternate method to seal a hose of the appropriate size and thread to the plug on the valve. You failed to mention what your problem was with the original QD fitting. If it is leaking it may only need the O-rings replaced. 

Reactions: wyshadow
Ive tried replacing the orings inside the female foster fitting but it still would leak. I was just tired of messing with that connection everytime I used the tank. The male foster fitting is pitted from the ball bearings and the tip has a good dent on one side. It looks like the prior own might have dropped the tank on that end or something really heavy struck it. I tried smoothing the male foster fitting with a file but it still leaked without me having to jiggle the hose and slightly cracking open the valve.