Scba tank setup

Getting a scba tank off a friend on mines thats a firefighter. Not sure if certified but Ill be filling from home. Whats the best setup for filling airguns.
received_578921680623046.jpeg

@robich22 I bought a carbon fiber SCBA tank for airguns with a Jubilee valve (DIN300) and a fill whip with female foster fitting on the end. Since then I was introduced to a company that sells hoses and fittings. I think they make them in-house out in Northern California. You can call them, tell them what you have, and ask them what you need. They should be able to fix you up or point you in the right direction to get your SCBA tank setup correctly for airgunning. www.airtanksplus.com
You may also want to reach out to @Gerry52 with questions. He’s knowledgeable about those tanks.

Do you already have a compressor and asking about which fill assembly you need or are you seeking advice on whether to get a compressor, shoebox, or N2 setup? If you already have a compressor I would consider changing out the CGA347 valves and getting a combination valve with fill assembly. It's as cost-effective as getting a fill assembly for the tank.

$59 Amazon https://a.co/d/8hA3q5E
20220711_203520.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3DAirgunWorks
You do not need to change your SCBA tank valve. I bought a used, expired Scott 45 minute tank and fill it with my Yong Heng. I tried a cheap chinese fill set on it and it leaked terribly. So I bit the proverbial bullet and went to airtanksplus for a fill set. Like other setups (stickman is another one of reportedly good quality) it has no valve other than the purge valve to vent the lines when your are done. You screw the set from airtanksplus on and use the valve already on the tank to let air in or out of your tank. Both my fill set and my compressor output is to a female foster fitting so I use a male to male foster to connect them. I also have a one way valve on my extra air dryer on my Yong Heng so air can go from the pump to the tank but not the other direction. That valve prevents you from emptying the tank if there is a problem. Saved me a couple YH runs when an O-ring blew out on my air dryer.

To use you connect the lines using the male to male, start the compressor with the vent open, close the vent, then open the valve on the tank. The tank cannot puts pressure against the pump so you don't need to try and match pressure. Air will not flow until the compressor builds pressure higher than the tank. Run the YH until it gets too hot or the tank is full. I vent about every 5 minutes to let moisture out. When you are done, open the compressor vent, turn the compressor off, and close the valve on the tank. Then vent the line and disconnect. Leave he cooling pump running on the YH for a few minutes.

You do not need to change your SCBA tank valve. I bought a used, expired Scott 45 minute tank and fill it with my Yong Heng. I tried a cheap chinese fill set on it and it leaked terribly. So I bit the proverbial bullet and went to airtanksplus for a fill set. Like other setups (stickman is another one of reportedly good quality) it has no valve other than the purge valve to vent the lines when your are done. You screw the set from airtanksplus on and use the valve already on the tank to let air in or out of your tank. Both my fill set and my compressor output is to a female foster fitting so I use a male to male foster to connect them. I also have a one way valve on my extra air dryer on my Yong Heng so air can go from the pump to the tank but not the other direction. That valve prevents you from emptying the tank if there is a problem. Saved me a couple YH runs when an O-ring blew out on my air dryer.

To use you connect the lines using the male to male, start the compressor with the vent open, close the vent, then open the valve on the tank. The tank cannot puts pressure against the pump so you don't need to try and match pressure. Air will not flow until the compressor builds pressure higher than the tank. Run the YH until it gets too hot or the tank is full. I vent about every 5 minutes to let moisture out. When you are done, open the compressor vent, turn the compressor off, and close the valve on the tank. Then vent the line and disconnect. Leave he cooling pump running on the YH for a few minutes.
Thanks for the reply do you have a picture of your setup?

lol yeah, the valve on the firemans tank is probably 5X higher quality than anything your gonna want to buy ... get a cga347 adapter for 50-60$ on fleabay .. at most youll have to get some loctite 545 for the gauge and fill threads on the adapter ... youll prabably want to set up a check valve for filling also using a male foster w/valve screwd into a female .. sounds kinky i know but you need one really ..depending on exactly how you do things you may need a double male foster adapter to ..