• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

SCBA Tank Purchase?

Steve,
Seems like the simplest solution would be to contact FX, explain your problem, and ask if they can supply or recommend the proper female foster fitting.

I see that Air Tanks Plus has an extended fitting and states: "This is needed to fill PCP airguns that have a recessed fill port like the FX Airguns do."
I have bought 2 of these in the past from two different vendors and neither one fully latches on my Crown.

I have bought 2 of these in the past from two different vendors and neither one fully latches on my Crown.
You might have an out-of-spec male fitting on your rifle. If FX uses industry-standard Foster quick connects and none of the female fittings you've tried will mate up, I would suspect the male fitting was machined incorrectly.

I was a production machinist for 20 years, and sometimes I made a "Monday morning" part...

As a follow-up, I bit the bullet and disassembled my Crown to determine the actual fault preventing many female Foster fittings from fully latching to the gun during refilling. This male fitting is impossible to measure when the gun is fully operational because the male fitting positioned between both of the pressure gauges is recessed into the stock.

The problem is the milled opening in the stock for the fill nipple is too small. The milled slot is 17.6mm and the female fitting OD is 19.2mm. This situation is impossible to see without disassembly. If we translate this, it means that female Foster fittings with shell diameters smaller than 17mm or 3/4" will work fine and those fittings larger will interfere and not fully latch. Beware!