• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Scba tank explanation

I've been dealing with SCBA tanks & fire protection equipment for 30 years. Other than pictures I've never seen nor used the Air Venturi but I BELIEVE that it's a CF tank identical to an SCBA but with a proprietary fitting. STANDARD SCBA tanks usually use CGA347 fittings, though there are exceptions. IF you have a compressor & are "air independent" SCBA is a MUCH cheaper way to go than proprietary tanks & fittings. (I recently heard of someone paying close to $900 for a Great White tank while I paid about $35 for a same size SCBA, expired) 

There is also combo tanks, my new CF tank seem to be one of those, in thin metal but wrapped in carbon fiber for strength.

So my new 12 L tank are substantial lighter than my old 12 L steel tank, but not as light as a 100 % carbon fiber bottle,i just dont think you can get 100% carbon bottles in 12 L

My new tank is a Worethington carbondive 300.

http://www.carbondive.com/

Often you buy a bottle with no valve, so just get a valve that is compatible with the charging kit that come with some rifles, or the charging kit you want to use.

As for diving i think there is a couple of main valves, not sure about smoke diving i never really took notice of that getting that education, but i think the valves are the same at least as one of the dive valves ( make little sense to me to have a lot of different valves more or less doing the same job )

Most popular seem to be the M 25 x 2, EN144-1 valves,,,,,,, someone correct me if i am wrong.

As far as I know there is no such thing as a 100% carbon fiber tanks. All are some kind of metal usually aluminum wrapped in carbon fiber. I would never buy a tank that could not be hydro tested.

There are plenty of good used tanks around as well as the less expensive Chinese stuff that can only be filled at home. Me I only buy The American made stuff as I feel I can trust it to last.

I would suggest you go out on the net and do some research so you know what you are buying and what is available.

... (I recently heard of someone paying close to $900 for a Great White tank while I paid about $35 for a same size SCBA, expired)

I got 3 of those expired fireman tanks on auction sale years ago cannot remember exactly but I don't think all 3 costed me like $150. Just recently replaced the valve assembly to DIN for more convenience if I buy things from EU or Asia. My setup is for tethering at BR.