• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

SCBA Fill Station Recommendation

I was right where you are about 6 months ago. I also fill tanks from my Shoebox and also had the oring devouring ebay chinastation (fill station? or ABOMINATION. I was so sick of Chinatown with that thing).

I went with this one after I got sick of fighting the cheapo:

https://airtanksplus.com/product/stikboy-pcp-fill-adapter/

and love it. I like the smaller profile than a lot of other fill stations that I've seen (gauge doesn't stick way out from center-line of tank with this one, just waiting to be broken). Zero leaks or issues with it. I also have their cascade/Y connection and have been very pleased with it. 

They've got a couple different option. I've been happy with the purchase. 

I agree with Frank. I bought the Stickman instead of the Stickboy mainly because it had a longer fill hose (48") and the Cascade fill feature which I may or may not use as such in the future. I do have 2 SCBA tanks so it's a pretty good possibility that I will. In the meantime I use that fitting for the female foster while not in use. The quality is superb & I'm happy. It is pricy though. I just got tired of buying cheaper equipment of questionable quality & then having to buy it again or try to fix it. I decided awhile ago to just bite the bullet & get the good stuff first time around even if I have to save the cash a bit longer. There are other options, so do your shopping around before you buy. 

Paul

I agree with Frank. I bought the Stickman instead of the Stickboy mainly because it had a longer fill hose (48") and the Cascade fill feature which I may or may not use as such in the future. I do have 2 SCBA tanks so it's a pretty good possibility that I will. In the meantime I use that fitting for the female foster while not in use. The quality is superb & I'm happy. It is pricy though. I just got tired of buying cheaper equipment of questionable quality & then having to buy it again or try to fix it. I decided awhile ago to just bite the bullet & get the good stuff first time around even if I have to save the cash a bit longer. There are other options, so do your shopping around before you buy. 

Paul

I agree with this and I think it's what I'll do. Seems that the Joe B stuff is the way to go.

@lenweber2 I take it off to switch between bottles now and again. Enough that I can't rely on it when taking a trip. I see these cheap fill stations more as a backup and not a long term solution. 

Thanks for the advise.